truck blues - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

truck blues

as you all know my truck has been falling apart, everything from susp to interior my truck an 89 light duty 3/4ton. I sat down and kinda did a rough estimate of how many miles are on it and came up with 248-260k if you figure I drive it at the least 12k a year, it had 187k when I bought
what I think Ill do is go truck shopping alot more seriously than I did before, Ill trad this truck and try ti get 5 for it but if the deal on the new truck is right Id take as little as 3 for mine.
what Ill be looking for is 90s dodge or ford desel, or if I dont find anything I would consider a bigblock, the trucks would either be reg cab short long beds or ex cab short beds or 4 doors and short bed. I do need the power of desel and fuel mileage,
i deceided I wont get another chevy, due to the POS front ends,

shorts
ill keep the wheels and givem to you cheap[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

other than that everything will leave with the truck tool box, maybe CB and the 285s
Ill keep to spare incase anyone wants them.

sorry that was long winded, I just kinda had to get that off my chest

Evan

trucks suck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 09:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: truck blues

Evan, I know the feeling about wanting to switch over to either a dodge or ford just for the straight axle. My dad has always been a big chevy guy till he sold his '86 and bought a 2001 dodge. Dang their nice. I've always been a chevy guy but what have they ever done for me[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I'd have no problems driving a new dodge. Good luck truck shopping.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 10:22 PM

Kid, sorry to tell you this, but you wont even get 3 for it. My family just bought my grandparents a new 2002 GMC Yukon XL. We traded in there 2wd suburban with 157k miles on it and only got 2700 for it. Since you have a lot more miles then my grandparents did, i dont think you are going to get a whole lot for it. Sorry to tell you this, but i thought you just might like to know that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 10:27 PM
BigBlueZ71

Yukon, I dont know what Evan's intentions were about selling his truck. But when you do a trade-in on a new vehicle, you dont get $#it for the trade in. If you sell it by private party, you can get alot more for it. Try running the truck through KBB or some other appraisal site. i'm sure evan has already done this....anyway, woo hoo, another $0.02 by me

"CAPTAIN CHROME OF THE SPONGY IFS"
1994 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z-71
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 11:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I can get 3 for sure on trade, and maybe 4 I almost had the dealership here talked into 5 when I was half ass shopping for trucks, but they wouldnt come down to what i wanted to pay for the 98 chevy, so I was like, well give me deposit back.
3ssss easy 5sssss ughhhh not so easy if possible(likely not)

ohhh Im ford guy gone chevy for some odd reason??? fords and desels are in the family, dodges to but not in the imadaite family, rem my blue oval.

I think Ill go down to the bank tomorrow and see if I can get preapoved for maybe 12k and then go shopping, should be able to find something in that price range if not alittle less.
I might be able to have enough saved up to put grand or maybe 1500 down and then make 250-275 payments, atleast thats what the plans gona be

also I dont care what my truck appraises for? and I wont look to see about that, they either give me what I want or Ill walk away

Evan

trucks suck
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 11:22 PM
SHOTGUN

Evan <font color=red>DON'T</font color=red> let your CB go with the truck![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Hell, I'll buy it for the right price![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] But still if I recall you got it for pretty cheap, I don't think you'll get a better deal on one like it. Just don't let it go with the truck![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 11:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Shotgun

lol I was just thinking about it, since Ive installed it, its been used like ounce, think i payed 45 bucks or something, cant remember the model anymore.

lets hear somemore about that big white thing youve got there, what dont you like about, I know what you like about[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Im not sure what is gona be better for me ford desel or dodge, also round a bouts ball park how much did it run you?

thankx for something
Evan

trucks suck
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 11:47 PM
SHOTGUN

Hmm not much I don't love about my Dodge! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] The fact I've gotta replace the near $200 trac bar is the only one can come up with right now.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I love it its got plenty of power, although I haven't towed anything super heavy with it yet I would have no fear of towing with it. As soon as I get rid of my old 16.5 chrome spokes I took off its gonna tow the K20 to the muffler shop (12miles away) to put a header-back exhaust on. So nothing really bad about it to say man. Its a great truck and I bought it with 123K on it. Some people call me dumb but if you take care of these trucks they will last a LONG time and I change my oil every 3K and just replaced my fuel filter ($30 OUCH![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]) and once I get this trac bar done it should be done for a long time! I think just the big tires (33x12.50xR16.5's, were on it when I bought it) wore out the front end.(duh!) Any how I'll quit rambling by saying I got a steal of a deal buying it from a friends dad at $10,900 because he still owed $8,000 on it. Anymore questions just ask.

Oh, and let me know about that CB I'm serious. If I remember right its a Cobra 29 Sound Tracker I think its got the Night Watch on it too (all the buttons and letters light up at night). Lemme know man [email protected]

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 11:51 PM
SHOTGUN

Oh yeah that $30 fuel filter was Mopar so don't let that spook ya! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] I use only Mopar oil filters on my Dodge, but I'm gonna find a better (cheaper!) fuel filter to use!

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 11:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cobra 29 Sound Tracker, yup thats what it is the buttons light up and can be dimmed down or up.

i was just looking at a truck and wondering if it was yours, lol it was.

Ill pull the CB, guess I better find truck before I start pulling stuff off mine. lol

ohhh that filter price wont scare me, I think mines like 15 so yours isnt realy all that much more, considering desels take more and most things are more exspensive on them

trucks suck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-698239-blufrd.jpg (29.6 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode