since we have so many new members - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

since we have so many new members

and I post between two difrent names now depending on wich browser i use.

Im Evan03 and the The_Kid wich Im sure you know. I just thought Id kinda reintroduce myself since we have alot of new members. growing up I did the 4-H thing showing horses rodeing, raceing motocross and bunches of other stuff, In high school i took all the basice math and englise BS classes and all the other classes in the school i wanted, Ive been through 3 years of construction, 3 years of auto, 3 of welding, 2 drafting, and one ag class wich was BS.
Now Im working at a lumber yard been there for about 1.5yrs, 3/4s of that was dureing school where I worked 7days aweek. I guess thats pretty much it, well now Im waiting on a string for the BLM To hurry up and hire me on as firefighter for the summer,

I also spend pretty much all my time from work hunting, fishing, working on my truck, pushing cows, bla bal i

feel free to let us know a little more about you

Evan

trucks suck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 03:46 AM

Re: since we have so many new members

Well, since you'll ocassionally get my dad or I on this name I figured that I'd classify that. I'm 16 in school taking BS classes. Working for Curt Warner Chevrolet this summer. That is if I don't go somewhere else.
My will be working for Leupold in the next few weeks. Right now he's a manufacturing manager for Pasco. Pasco is a Japaneses baking company. I've got the D50 and of course dad gets the Chevy.

02' Silverado HD, 8.1 lt.,Allison
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 08:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Leupold as in the rifle scopes and optics, ohhh I guess I forgot to mention that Im 19 and haven been out of highschool for a year yet, and am planning to go to lineman school, in the off fire season or if I dont get hired

Evan

trucks suck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 12:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm new enough I'll hop in here. Many already have me figured out, but here goes.

I'm 26 years old with a wonderful wife and little 20 month old son who loves trucks too. I grew up in the mountains in northern New Mexico. My family owns a hunting and fishing resort up there. Gotta be the best kind of life growing up I could hope for. There are currently 20 people who live in a 15 mile radius of there. No stop signs...no post office...the only store belongs to us, and it sells fishing supplies and SPAM. We got one TV channel growing up, and that was only if we took my dad's '43 Jeep 10 miles up on top of a nearby mountain and switched out 2 Die Hard batteries running the custom made transformer he built inside two old refrigerators chained to some trees. I am an avid hunter, and return home at least once a year for elk season. I don't have the small amount of luck required to fish, but will do it as an excuse to get even further away from people. IF it gets boring, I'll start shooting at them with my guns instead. One day I will inherit, move back up there and give my kids the same opportunities I had.

Needless to say, off roading was a definite way of life for us. I've never lifted a vehicle or anything, but we always had trucks we would work on ourselves. Had to pull plenty of weekenders out of the mud on the 15 miles of dirt road heading towards Albuquerque. We do all the maintenance and everything on our place, including the vehicles. So, I guess I would consider myself a jack of all trades. I can do plumbing, construction, landscaping, welding, mechanic stuff, la la la and on.

I went to high school 15 miles away, graduated, and went straight into the military via Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. Graduated there in '98 with a BS in Engineering Sciences (concentration in Space Systems design...a.k.a. Astronautical Engineering). Went into pilot training, ended up getting a C-130 Hercules, which I love. Currently stationed in Abilene, TX flying the Herc but wishing I was deployed to the desert like all the rest of my squadron. I'm also a mobility officer as a second duty, so I had to stay behind to help send 300 of my boys over there to help hunt down that bastard Osama bin fuken with wrong country.

I drove a '94 1/2 ton 5.7L 350 in "college" and beat the hell out of it. Special ordered the rig I have now, and been waiting for the military to pay me enough money to lift it and do other things.

One other thing about me....I can be long-winded [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]!

Coop

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 12:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've had 2 different names also. I first joined just over a year ago with a name I quickly thought of. About a month back though, I decided I wanted a new name, and had my old one with only about 40 posts deleted.

So actually I've been here over a year, but my new name has only been here for a month or so.

About me: I'm 19, and just graduated from high school last year. Currently I attend a comm. college and plan on attending UW or U of Idaho to study fisheries bioligy. Right now I'm unemployed and cut firewood to earn some extra $. When I'm not at school or partying, I do a lot of fishing. I love fly fishing and steelhead fishing which is where my name comes from. Some may consider me poser since my daily driver has 35's and don't off road much. My truck is used daily to haul firewood though and I drive 5-7 mi logging on roads every day. I used to go 4x4'n a lot, but all the places near where I live have been closed off.

Well I think I'll stop now,
Later

90 K1500
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 01:22 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">I don't consider someone with a daily driver a poser even if it's modded as long as they use it for something. Hauling wood is something ya couldn't do with a car, etc so that's not bein' a poser... Heh heh heh...</font>

Tim "Sandman"

The one and only 'Sandturnip'
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 01:47 PM

Im 17, taking the basic math(cuz i have to), boring Lit classes. In my 3rd Year of ag classes, its rural Iowa, and im prolly gonna be a farmer after i graduate. I took welding first semester, and Ag Mechanics this semester, my GMC is sitting down in the shop at our school. In the summer i work at our farm, and have been known to be a Telemarketer. Currently on my 3rd Vehicle.
First 1991 Ford Explorer Eddie Bayer (was junk, didnt run very good) my dad traded it off for a 97 S-10
Second 1986 Chevrolet Scottsdale 2wd Deisel, blew the tranny, i got it for $300 so i think im gonna scrap it for parts for my GMC
Third 1983 GMC Seirra Classic Deisel, tore apart down in the schools shop.
And my Daily Driver is my Dads old 1991 S-10 2wd, 5-speed with the MONSTER 2.8 litre V6

'83 GMC Seirra Classic 4x4 w/ 379 C.I. diesel, NP 208, 10 bolts, 235 Wild Spirits, Turbo from a International 966 tractor.(in process of rebuilding)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 02:29 PM

Evan, yeah my dad is going to work for Leupold Optics. They have a shooting range that you can go shoot in when you have free time. It's in the basement of the facility.

02' Silverado HD, 8.1 lt.,Allison
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 03:20 PM
Mud in my Veins

AJMBLAZER's the name. 23, living in Middleville, Michigan. Currently wasting time I'll never get back working for Classic Chevrolet in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Only good part about it is the employee discount on parts for the Blazer. I hate my job, but the job market is slow here unless you have a college degree or prior experience. Got my app in at this place that just started here in town. Might be able to get on as a forklift operator, which would be great. Something I know how to do well and it's a 5 mile drive instead of the 25 mile drive I have now. Not to mention they'll have to pay pretty bad to not beat the dealership.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Was in the Marines from November 97 to November 01. Loved the life and the fun I had, hated my MOS (job) and the morons I worked for in my MOS field. Spent almost the entire time out in San Diego, CA. Great place, just to damn expensive to live there and no mud.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I got my honorable discharge and came straight back here.

My eventual plans are to work my way out of the debt I got myself into when I was in the Marines. Young, dumb, always right, and credit cards are a bad thing.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] You younger guys, CREDIT CARDS ARE AN EVIL THING. DON'T BOTHER WITH THEM. If you do, don't get over a $500 limit and pay it off just as soon as you put anything on it! After my debt is gone or when it's small enough it won't be hard to pay, I'm gonna leave this snowy hell (sorry, cold and snow bother me) and move somewhere where it doesn't snow normally and get my pilot's ratings. My life's dream is to fly old cargo planes. C-130's, An-26's, An-12, Shorts Sherpas, BAe 748's, etc.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Dunno, have to see how it developes.

The love of my life is a wee lass from New Zealand, who due to monitary problems is in, and has been for a long time now, New Zealand.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] It's the mother of all long distance relationships. It's not easy, but it's what I have. We're both working on fixing our lives so we can get back together physically. It'll happen, slowly.

Only been wheeling for the past 2-3 years, but I've owned my Blazer since 98, when I bought it from my parents. They bought it new in 92. We've always had a Blazer in the family, I spent the first 14 years of my life riding around in the back seat of an orange 76 K5 Blazer.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] We burn wood to heat the house in the winter, so I've spent my entire life going out into the woods to get wood. Dad had to put the ol' K5 into 4lo many, many times to claw outta there with a couple thousand pounds of wood behind it.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] He's also an avid hunter, so that's more time going down 2 tracks to get out to the hunting spots.

Elk_Muncher, feel better? I'm about as long winded as they come.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Chrome sucks
285/75R16, 255/85R16, & 305/70R16 fit on a stock GM IFS fullsize 4x4 truck when on the stock 16x7 rims.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 10:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

cool maybe you could get me good deal on rifle scope[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

any higher ups in the BLM out there, if so I just wanted to let you know I want on real bad,

how about fire fighters wether in big city of forest service, anything.

can you tell I have fighting fires on the brain[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Evan

trucks suck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode