Lemme see your IFS truck offroading pictures! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Lemme see your IFS truck offroading pictures!

So here's mine, all of them are from when I lived in San Diego, CA.

The first four are from the Cleveland National Forest out east of San Diego.

These next 6 were taken in a valley in Rancho Penasquitas, CA. Nice place to go offroading that was right in town, only 20 minutes from MCAS Miramar where I was stationed. Bad part was all these idiots were dumping garbage out there. A land development company owned it, but let us offroaders, dirt bikers, mountain bikers, hikers, even horse riders wander around on the land and have fun. Had all kinds of fun terrain. I was there at least once a weekend for about 6 months. Then some idiots got caught dumping a whole bunch of garbage out there, they caught a couple of people not "treading lightly", and some other stuff. They closed the valley after that.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Most of it is a housing development now.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

This Toyota was stolen, taken out to the valley, beaten HARD, then rolled over and set on fire. Another reason they took the valley from us.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

These next 10 are from an incident in the San Bernadino National Forest on Mount Big Bear. My buddy said he was afraid to take his Bronco down it, so that was a challenge. However, he hadn't gotten far enough to figure out it was an actual lower rated rock crawling trail.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I made it though! I even followed a guy in a 1999 Chevy 1/2 ton that was bone stock except for a set of 265/75R16 Big O mudders.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] This is why my hood doesn't line up quite right and I had to tweak the gas door so it was centered back in the hole.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

This one below is me taking a breather and letting the adrenalin shakes stop after my G80 Gov-Loc showed me just how useless it was and started to slip at a VERY bad moment.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Lastly, when I was just fiending for it, I could always go play on MCAS Miramar's Airfield's Perimeter Road, where Tower couldn't see us.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

No slightly wet flat dirt spots either! You have to actually be offroading it. Got it?

Chrome sucks
285/75R16, 255/85R16, & 305/70R16 fit on a stock GM IFS fullsize 4x4 truck when on the stock 16x7 rims.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 08:57 PM
BigBlueZ71

Re: Lemme see your IFS truck offroading pictures!

Here's one action shot I have. i'll look for more.

I know this is a "driveway shot" but who cares, I didn't have a camera with me on that day.

"CAPTAIN CHROME OF THE SPONGY IFS"
1994 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z-71
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-695259-Truckwheelspin.jpg (65.4 KB, 0 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 09:07 PM

Here are some pictures taken reciently when I went wheelin out at a place called praire city in sacramento california...The two pics with me any my gf are when we got stuck in the mud there and were burried all the way down to the frame...a lot of digging needed to get out. But there are some fun hill climbs and mud pits around

But this isn't the best offroading that I've done...Those I didn't stop and take pictures of

95 K2500 Silverado 350 ex cab
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

fishnhunt, a wise man once said, "Don't want to get stuck? Take your camera with you!"

I agree whole heartedly with that statement. The one time I got truly stuck (front diff skidplate was the only thing that stopped the front from going deeper into the mud[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]), my buddy and I worked for 3 hours alone to get the Blazer out. I was in no mood to get stuck again, so I goosed it and went flying up this hill to get far onto the dry land. He said it looked great, mud flying everywhere, the Blazer roaring up this hill.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] He had his camera with him, and it said it had 1 more picture. Not, it was wrong, it was full. Figures.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Chrome sucks
285/75R16, 255/85R16, & 305/70R16 fit on a stock GM IFS fullsize 4x4 truck when on the stock 16x7 rims.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 09:14 PM

Jason
Big Willy Style
http://www.industrialoffroad.com

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 09:30 PM
Keyboard Implanted

look familair[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

thats probably enough for now??? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

trucks suck
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 10:11 PM
bigwishlist

Thats me playing in my back yard.

94,silverado,1500,Xcab,4x4,31x10.5R15 - 96 ZJ laredo 4x4 2"Lift,31x10.5R15 bfgAT/KO, k&n
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-695332-sliverado1.jpg (58.5 KB, 0 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 10:33 PM

Oops, forgot the mad articulation shot:

Jason
Big Willy Style
http://www.industrialoffroad.com

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 10:39 PM

<font color=blue>86DIESEL[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
'86 K10, 6.2 diesel, Jet T700, Flowmasters, 33" BFG M/Ts</font color=blue>
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 10:43 PM
bigwishlist

Willys - Whats that above the hood on the drivers side? It cant be the mirror, can it. It looks like a hat or something.

94,silverado,1500,Xcab,4x4,31x10.5R15 - 96 ZJ laredo 4x4 2"Lift,31x10.5R15 bfgAT/KO, k&n
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode