00 chevy 6 inch superlift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 11:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

00 chevy 6 inch superlift

I am just looking for some feed back if any other chevy owners 00 or newer have this kit installed. I am popping sway bar end links every other week, and without the sway bar up front the ride is to mushy. I would like to hear of any other problems as well.

ooZ714x4 chevy thunder air,fuel,spark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 12:05 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Re: 00 chevy 6 inch superlift

The nuts are probably just workin' loose. I don't have the same kit, or year. 4" Trailmaster on a 97, but I have lost a total of 2 or 3 in the 3 or 4 years that I have had the lift. I still have not replaced the last one. I would say to put some lock-tite or jb weld on the nut when you get new ones. With the way that the links are designed, the nut just gets lossend from all the shifting of weight.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 12:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

how did you loose that many inches over 2 or 3 years. You probably did alot of off roading or it has been carrying a heavy load or something.

Black Chevy Extended CabZ71 with 285 MaxxisMudders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 01:12 AM

Huh? Inches? I'm gettin' old but I aint loosin' any inches.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]. I was talking about the sway bar end links, the spacers, the stock ones are replaced with longer ones with the lift. I have lost, I think, 2 of them since the lift. One fell out, replaced it, then the other fell out later, still out. They have a nut that threads onto the end to hold em in place.....when the nut gets backed off, the link is in a verticle position, and it just falls out. When I get a replacment one, I'm gonna lock tite those suckers.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 01:27 AM

Lol, that was pretty funny[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Jason
Big Willy Style
http://www.industrialoffroad.com

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 02:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

my bad i was totaly off track

Black Chevy Extended CabZ71 with 285 MaxxisMudders
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 04:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey guys, thanks for the laugh. I sure hope big willy didn't take your insult to personal,too funny. Anyway I have replaced the end links with a custom peace I had made @ local machine shop. I will let you all know if they work.

ooZ714x4 chevy thunder air,fuel,spark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-694487-LIFTED00Z714x4.jpg (20.1 KB, 0 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 11:18 AM
Can't Get Enough

My kit just re-uses the stock links. I have lost both of mine but I feel that is my fault. Not put on tight enough I guess. My last lifted IFS with same kit I never lost any. I don't even feel a difference without them.

Laters, Ryan

1999 Suburban 6.5" Cepek Lift and 3" Body lift, 37x12.5x15 SSR's
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 12:26 PM

Yeah, I think Superlift has you flip the sway bar over and re-use the old ones, or they did at one time. 00Z714x4, how much did it cost you for the links? Got a pic of 'em? I talked to 4wpw and the doof working with me couldn't find anything as far as part numbers...LOL. Those guys are classic, man! I think all he found was a skyjacker part number...they wanted 31.95. I'm gonna ask my cousin if he can still get parts at wholesale....I think he can, because he is thinking about getting a website to sell off-road parts since he sold his old store. I may see if he can get it for me. What I should do it take the other link off, rip out that sawybar and save a tea spoon of gas.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Hell, I can't feel any difference either.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 12:42 PM
Can't Get Enough

I bought my new links, which I have yet to install, at Carquest. $38 something, but they are Moog. They are of a better desing than those of stock or energy suspension. Instead of having a million pieces, you know the shaft the nut the 4 polyurethane bushings the 4 metel washers etc.etc. With the moog the one metal washer and bushing is already atatched to the bolt then the other bushing have the washer atatched to them and the last one hase the nut atatched to it. When I do get around to installing them it looks like it will be a lot easier.

Laters, Ryan

1999 Suburban 6.5" Cepek Lift and 3" Body lift, 37x12.5x15 SSR's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode