Dick Cepek Race Series Shocks + Body Lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 08:23 PM
GREGNEEDSHELP

Dick Cepek Race Series Shocks + Body Lift

1st - anyone use these shocks, any good????
2nd - when you get a body lift can you lift the hitch aswell as the exahust - i know you can do exhaust but i dont know about the hitch, if not does it look bad??/
thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 10:27 PM
BigBlueZ71

Re: Dick Cepek Race Series Shocks + Body Lift

Isn't there another post going on with this same hitch question....
now..I dont know how your exhaust is set up, but you can't just "lift" your exhaust. at least i couldn't because of my hitch and leaf spring shackles in the rear. if you get exhaust BEFORE a body lift, it will hang 3" lower than the bumper/body where it was before. you will have to get new pipes mandrel bent. now about the hitch, no, the hitch stays, or you could really try to screw things up and start cutting and welding and trying to raise it up. but just get a hitch like mine where its hidden to begin with and it doesn't look that bad after the lift.

"CAPTAIN CHROME OF THE SPONGY IFS"
1994 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z-71
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 02:12 AM
GREGNEEDSHELP

Re: Dick Cepek Race Series Shocks + Body Lift

HEY IF YOU HAVE PICS OF A BODY LIFT SHOWING THE HITCH PLEASE POST THEM!!!!!!!!!!
any comments on those shocks?????

big blue, i belive its you who has the sweet sub box??
how does it sound, i copyed your pics and designs, and am thinking about doing it myself, you did remove the jack i would expect???
thanks Greg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 11:34 AM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Dick Cepek Race Series Shocks Body Lift

I had Dick Cepek Race Series 77's on my 92 Blazer with 6.5 Cepek kit and 35's. I liked the shocks. I used them because I could mount them upside down in the front. With the newer style upper control arms, the ones that came stock on my 99 Burban, you cannot mount the shock right side up with the IFS lift installed. 4WPW wanted me to bring my Burban to them so they could cut the shock mounts off the lower control arm and relocate them. I told them NO I would just buy cheaper shocks and mount them upside down.

Long story short. I think the Cepek shocks I had , the 77's series were not their high end stuff. They were a gas charged shock that could be run upside down.

I liked them,

Laters, Ryan

1999 Suburban 6.5" Cepek Lift and 3" Body lift, 37x12.5x15 SSR's
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 12:44 PM
BigBlueZ71

Here's the picture of the hitch and my sub box. So you're about to build a box huh? Yes I love it, it sounds great. Although I really dont use it anymore, highschool phase is over and i'm growing up little now and have found girls dont find huge subs to be all that impressive...so I might be selling my box and subs sometime in the near future. I sure as hell hope your not the kid who's been bugging me on AOL that said he was about to build a box. Prob not, if you are...stop the death threats. If anyone cares, guys screen name is ZSTART99 and the other day he came on and said "I'm going to kill you". And I didn't appreciate that everyone, feel free to bug the hell out of him.
EDIT: forgot to tell you, this place called http://www.affsave.com has sub boxes for very very cheap. Just talk to YukonGT about his. He bought his from there. Although he told me the other night all of his stereo equipment was stolen at a club! so he may not wanna talk about right now But ask him, I know he bought his box from them. It should be about the same as mine, maybe. I've never seen one of their boxes in person.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 01:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Bigblue,
What amp do you have powering those? They are 12"s right? Also, forgive my ignorance in the radio world, but with subs... aren't you supposed to point the speakers in the opposite direction. Meaning pointing to the back of the truck. I know with bazooka tubes they say to point it into a corner. Just wondering for future reference.

Due to the current economic situation, the light at the end of the
tunnel will be turned off until further notice.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 01:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Bigblue,
What amp do you have powering those? They are 12"s right? Also, forgive my ignorance in the radio world, but with subs... aren't you supposed to point the speakers in the opposite direction. Meaning pointing to the back of the truck. I know with bazooka tubes they say to point it into a corner. Just wondering for future reference.

Due to the current economic situation, the light at the end of the
tunnel will be turned off until further notice.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 01:56 PM
BigBlueZ71

I only have a Rockford Fosgate 250a2 amp powering them. I was surprised as to how good it sounds. It can hit, trust me. I really dont think it matters which way the subs face...I had my system done by R&D Sound here in Kingwood so I assume they know what they're doing, they've won a few world championship contests with their PT cruiser and chevy van with ten 15's. I think bazooka tubes say to face them in a corner, or against a wall so they'll sound louder, because they really can't put out a whole lot of punch. thats what my Harman Kardon system has to do on my computer. sub is too small so putting it against a wall inreases the bass.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 03:58 PM

so those are 12"s? i have three in my truck adn was looking for a way top relocate them. i haev them on my back seat right now. i was thinking of trying to get one under the seat adn then one in each of the little side cargo thigies i nthe rear. not sure if it w'll fit. i was just thinking

---Peacock posted this
<font color=red>'96, richmond 3.73, detroit rear, cold air, dual flowmasters, new drive-train,</font color=red>
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 02:12 AM
GREGNEEDSHELP

sorry, not me on aol, you emailed me a little back when i was asking about a body lift, I think im going to get one, a chrome roll bar and a prerunner bar, it should look good enough, and i wont 4x4 too much so suspension isnt a huge deal
that box looks sweet, thanks for posting the pics of the hitch, one question, the hitch isnt lifted at all??? it looks to be half flush with the body, i think it looks good, anyways thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode