door latches - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

door latches

anyone ever replace there door latches and lock assemblies, mine are in dier need of replaceing and Im gona do it sometime when I stop buying gunstuff, but I realy do need to do that cause right now I have to leave my drivers side window down so i can reach in and open the door from the inside, ohhh that brings up another thing my door is tweaked or something cause it hits the feder when i open it, isnt that nice, hopefully the hinge kit will fix that.,

also dont let me forget to change my oil,

thankx for the replies and comments and what not

Evan

trucks suck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 12:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: door latches

I need to put a new hinge in mine... let me know what all was involved.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

I have to pull the iner door panels out and that pain because they never seem to go back on quite like they came off

the hinges are cake, my door about fell off one day so i put the hinges back in and rested the door on bucket and tak welded the washers on the hinges so they can slide out, that was just chep fix to get me going, soon I need to replace them

Evan

trucks suck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 01:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey kid.... I did the EXACT same thing on mine .... but it broke eventually. I can't wait till I don't have to SLAM my door again lol

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2002, 04:36 PM

I did my hinges on my K5 last weekend. It wasn't that bad, your trucks shouldn't be much different. First you need to unbolt the front clip - not as bad as it sounds - and slide it forward so you can access the bolts for the hinges to body. This way you can adjust the door when your are done. I didn't even need new pins or bushings on my drivers side, just needed lining up. Use some bolt cutters to cut the pin in half, and bang out the ends of it. Put the new ones in, and bolt the door back on...BTW, I unbolted the hinge from the door, and did all the pin stuff with them on the truck. The nadjust all the bolts that hold the hinge to the body, and adjust the striker...may need a new one. Whole thing took me most of Saturday, but I also did some other little stuff...also you may have to take off the bumper to get the clip forward enough...hope this helps

90K5

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode