Body Lift w/ 6 inch susp lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 10:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Body Lift w/ 6 inch susp lift

I've been considering adding a 3" body lift on top of my 6" suspension lift. I've spent some time looking through previous posts but can't find any addressing specifically what the benefits and downsides are of doing this. I just want to go higher now..maybe go w/ 36's a little later if get some more cash. Well thanks for any suggestions about whether the body lifts a good idea or not.

95' K2500 6.5L TD
6" Pro-Comp lift w/ triple hoop shocks, 35x12.50 Pro-Comp Mud-Terrain, 15x10 Weld racing rims, skidplate, K&N filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 11:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Body Lift w/ 6 inch susp lift

This is what a 6" suspension + 3" body looks like with 36's
I think it looks better with a short ang WIDE tire rather than skinny like mine. what size tires do you have know?
I probly will go with 35x15 TSL's with the 6+3" lift. But I would get 38's or 39's if I had some lowwer gears.
In other words I would recomend it.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

94 GMC 6" superlift 3" body
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-690931-nice.jpg (60.3 KB, 2 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 01:08 PM
Can't Get Enough

That is what I have.

Look below for what I run.

Laters, Ryan

1999 Suburban 6.5" Cepek Lift and 3" Body lift, 37x12.5x15 SSR's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 01:56 PM
72dreamer

any change in operating temperature?

Marriage is like a skin graft, it may or may not take.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 03:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

No. The fan still sucks plenty of air.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 10:35 PM
bigwishlist

If 35s fit with 6" lift why do you need 3 moer inches to fit 36s? Just trimm the fenders a little.

94,silverado,1500,Xcab,4x4,31x10.5R15 - 96 ZJ laredo 4x4 2"Lift,31x10.5R15 bfgAT/KO, k&n
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 11:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Its not so much that im trying to fit 36's, I just wanna go bigger. I figured a body lift is about my only option. Just wanted to get some opinions to see if you'll think its a good idea to add the body lift on top. Am I going to ruin the way it drives/handles on road? I'm only 17 and it is my daily driver and right now it drives just as well as a stock truck. Will the body lift start screwing that up? Or does everyone think I should go for it?

And no Its not one of those show trucks that doesn't see more than its fair share of trails/mud. So what about off-road, is the body lift gonna break when im off the pavement?

95' K2500 6.5L TD
6" Pro-Comp lift w/ triple hoop shocks, 35x12.50 Pro-Comp Mud-Terrain, 15x10 Weld racing rims, skidplate, K&N filter
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 12:43 AM

In my opinion 3" and under body lifts are fine. I have a 6+3 on the black truck to fit 35's only because it's 2wd and I have no way of cheating by tweeking torsion bars[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. Anyway, I've had the thing through some pretty nasty off road stuff including alot of frame twisting and haven't had a problem yet.

Jason
Big Willy Style
http://www.industrialoffroad.com

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 09:18 AM

Hey man the more I see your truck the more I like it, Its gonna look sweet with wide knobby swampers stickin out the side.
On the other note, my buddy has a 79 GMC Jmmy and it has 3" suspension + 3" Body. It would overheat at stop lights and stuff so he installed one electric fan. Works fine but one night it quit working because he got mud in the brushes inside it. He didn't know it until he looked at his temp gauage. That is my only reserve to having one, but if you do watch your temp gauge it wouldn't be a problem. I'm going to run twin electric fans on my next truck.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 04:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Oldtater, are you talking about my truck?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
I asume you are, but I thought you didn't like me?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode