What do yall think? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 02:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What do yall think?

Here is a pic with a roll cage, well kinda
does it look better with?

94 GMC 6" superlift 3" body
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-690169-rolcage.jpg (59.9 KB, 5 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 02:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: What do yall think?

or without?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-690172-nice.jpg (60.3 KB, 5 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 03:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I like it with the rollcage, I have to tell you man your truck looks pretty good especially for someone who is 16 arn't you. If you want im me sometime at [email protected]

one day it will all happen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 03:25 PM
BigBlueZ71

I say make a decision and then post and tell us what you did. We're not building your truck, you are.

"CAPTAIN CHROME OF THE SPONGY IFS"
1994 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z-71
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 03:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I got a dumb idea, criticize if you want, but i saw it done in an old blazer. They took a rollcage like that and reversed it in the backend of the truck. It was so that the tall part was by the tailgate looked cool

one day it will all happen
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 03:46 PM
Mud in my Veins

Those chrome-bolt-to-the-bed-rollbars are worth exactly nothing, they're just "pretty".[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] You could put lights up there, but if you ever take your truck down a trail you'd have branches hitting your $100 a peice chrome plated lights. Waste of money.

Chrome sucks
285/75R16, 255/85R16, & 305/70R16 fit on a stock GM IFS fullsize 4x4 truck when on the stock 16x7 rims.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 04:36 PM
Resurrection_Joe

Yeah those things suck huge smelly nuts, ESPECIALLY with a body lift. That isn't a roll cage, it's a light bar. That's why I took mine off and am going to build a real one. If you want it to look good, (burn it) I mean, then get it or not, wont make a difference, but they wont help anything in a roll over. Might as well make one out of PVC pipe. You MIGHT be able to make a 90 bend with plates on both ends so it hooks to the frame, but why bother.

http://usor.topcities.com
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 06:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I have one for free so I guess Ill put it in to see what it really looks like.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 09:31 PM
bigwishlist

Its your truck and roll bar. What do you think? I think any add-on should serve a function instead of just looks. And I dont consider holding lights in the way of trees a function.

94,silverado,1500,Xcab,4x4,31x10.5R15 - 96 ZJ laredo 4x4 2"Lift,31x10.5R15 bfgAT/KO, k&n
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 09:42 PM
Keyboard Implanted

cut some 3" holes in the bed and weld some extesnions on and bolt that roll bar to the bed(oops ment frame), wouldnt be a lot of work and would be pretty stout, if you ever happen to flip that pretty white think on its lid[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

but yeah its whatever you like best personly I was thinking about building but it would be out of channel only go about 1.5-2"s above the cab so it woulod be hardly noticable, and it would be tires to the fram, it woul also have some deals in the center to keep stuff from slidding back and forth on it, Id also then have an exstesion deal set up coming of my reciver hitch in the rear so that it would be the same heith as the roll bar deal, that way I could easily haul 20' plus lumber with out haveing so much sticking out the rear

Evan

trucks suck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode