New Locker - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2002, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

New Locker

Got a new locker today for the yukon for my 18th bday. Im only kidding!!! I did get a cd changer for the truck which im happy about! Bought myself some cigars and didnt get carded, i wanted to get carded real bad. Then hit the adult bookstore! My day was fun, except nothing is going on right now. How was everyone elses day?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2002, 11:00 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: New Locker

I slept in, spent some money on truck parts, filled the gas tank for $28 (I still love paying $1.049 a gallon for gas[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img], eat that SoCal![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]), and then took the 1.5" blocks out of my rear suspension and put the new U bolts on.

Chrome sucks
285/75R16, 255/85R16, & 305/70R16 fit on a stock GM IFS fullsize 4x4 truck when on the stock 16x7 rims.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2002, 11:23 PM
BigBlueZ71

well i had a good weekend. went up to Texas A&M for the weekend. Stayed at my ex's parents condo they have up there which is where her sister lives right now (I love that family). got home at around 7 or 8 lastnight and 5 minutes later decided to go up to lake livingston for the night and go camping and do a little 4wheeling. buddy of mine owns a lot of land up there and just bought two honda ranchers. so we spent the day ridin around, very steep land up there. i was amazed at how steep of an incline those things will fly up. and also amazed at how easy it is to get high centered in 1ft of SLOOOPPPPY mud. it was cold as hell too, woke up with numb feet and hands, i think it got down in the 30's lastnight.

"CAPTAIN CHROME OF THE SPONGY IFS"
1994 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z-71
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 12:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I better not say how my day was.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Besides im to young for stuff like that.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

94 GMC 6" superlift 3" body
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 12:16 AM
Mud in my Veins

So why bother us by posting it?

Chrome sucks
285/75R16, 255/85R16, & 305/70R16 fit on a stock GM IFS fullsize 4x4 truck when on the stock 16x7 rims.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 12:42 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Well, I took the pass side chrome trim off.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Then I washed the truck. Put about 6 coats of wax on the roof and hood, 3 along the rocker panels, and 2 everywhere else. No wonder my arms are tired this evening.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]Meant to call some salvage yards today to see if anyone has any factory flares....just for grins....but didn't finish waxing until after dark. Guess that will give me something to do Monday.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 12:47 AM
Mud in my Veins

TxFireman, you ever seen how the factory flares mount? They have screws/bolts on the inside that you can't see and to get to them you basically have to take apart the front clip to get to up front. In the rear you have to take the interior all apart if it's a SUV or take the bed apart if it's a pickup. They're a bi^ch to take off or work with. Mine are loose on one side thanks to a moron at a body shop, and I've just decided it's not worth the effort. I'll just Rhino Line over them eventually.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Chrome sucks
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 12:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

AJM,
I had to go to a funeral, I helped carry the casket, I put my tail shaft seal on my truck, went to look a toyota with some 44's on it, Went to pick up my girlfriend and etc..[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

94 GMC 6" superlift 3" body
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 01:00 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

That sounds like a pain in the arse alright. The bushwacker OE's don't have all that BS to mount up do they? I watched one of the guys at my cousins shop install some of the BW OE's and they went on pretty fast...but of course the guy had done a lot of em. I guess getting some from a salvage yard is out if the factory ones are that much trouble. Thanks for the heads up. I just didn't feel like spending 260 bucks vrs. maybe getting 'em for 100 or less. Funny thing is, I can afford the BW's.....I'm just too tight[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img], and still in the thinking about it mode.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2002, 02:00 AM

Hey, on my 18th birthday I had some kid ask me to buy cigaretts for him[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]. What a coincidence. I didn't, damn smokers! Sit around em and my throat gets all sore, and my clothes stink![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]. Didn't mean to offend anyone, but, I can't stand being around people that smoke, makes me sneeze too. Today I got my bank statement in the mail, wowzers, $8.21! More than I thought.

Jason
Big Willy Style
http://www.industrialoffroad.com

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode