Midas Update - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Midas Update

Well, i talked to the district manager this afternoon. He is willing to reimburse half of the total and a couple of free oil changes. I told him i will talk to my dad about it and get back to him. I would like a full refund and no oil changes cause i dont want anyone at that shop to ever touch my truck again. What do you all think i should do?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 06:44 PM

Re: Midas Update

cut and run....you're not going to get full price. just chalk it up for experience.

The Pair

Crank 'em 1" - measure first!!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 08:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Half and a few oil changes?? why dont they just forget the oil changes and put that money towards the half they want to give you?? that would probably make up the difference.

I had a Midas incident happen to me once also. I took my truck in for brake work, and they dropped one of my tires on the center cap of the rim. As you would guess the tire crushed it. So I went out to buy a new one, took them the reciept and was re-imbursed. I know thats not as expensive as your situation but its still their fault. Don't take any of their sh*t, you tell them what you want, your the customer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 08:54 PM
Mud in my Veins

Man, take what $$$ you can, and forget them. DON'T let them change your oil. I've heard to many stories about college stoners doing the oil change job to make money for pot forgetting to put oil back in the car to EVER let someone else change my oil.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

First thing you should do is go get some stainless steel lug nuts, instead of the cheap chrome ones it sounds like you have. I hated my chrome lug nuts, after the first off/on cycle they were all mashed and chipping. When my buddy lifted his Toyota we got stainless steel lug nuts for his truck, and they looked MUCH nicer and didn't mash or anything.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Chrome sucks
285/75R16, 255/85R16, & 305/70R16 fit on a stock GM IFS fullsize 4x4 truck when on the stock 16x7 rims.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 09:53 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

I don't think his lugs are what got messed up. I think he was saying that the socket was too long and when they took off/on the lugs, the end of the socket rubbed against the actual wheel. Probably gave it that big a$$ "O" scratch that is bigger than the diameter of the lug.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

TXfireman, you are exactly correct. I talked to my dad tonight, here is what we agreed upon. They will either refund the whole total back to the credit card. If he fuses about that and says no, i will then tell i am going to talk to my family lawyer. I already have talked to the lawyer and if midas doesnt cooperate, their screwed.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 11:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey yukon i don't see why they only wanted to refund half of what you paid. BTW can i ask how much was your total? That is exactly what i will tell them either refund your card or else. Also I wanted to add that your're doing a good job helping protect all those other people they might have brushed off like they were trying to do you. Let em have it.

Black Chevy Extended CabZ71 with 285 MaxxisMudders
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 11:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey yukon.... not to break into your post, but Zoffroader, what do you think of your tires??? If you don't mind me asking how much did they cost you? What manners to they have on the street, mud, rain etc.... how are they wearing? Sorry for all the questions, but I am very interested in these tires . I am also looking for a 285 tire.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 11:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

cody these tires are great. ALOT better than the orginal buckshots i ran and not loud at all when rolling down the highway. But does not have the off-road capabilities of the orginal mudder but these work out just fine. Don't know how much a new set would cost you but I bought these used for 120 mounted and balanced. Got a pretty good deal on them with at least 50% tread life. They wear pretty good hardly notice any wear since i got them. When i get some new tires these will be the ones and if i can i will run the 315 maxxis's. PS they also make a 305 for the maxxis.

Black Chevy Extended CabZ71 with 285 MaxxisMudders
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 11:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

umm wanna sell them to me??? I would be interested glad to hear about this. Hey.... where can I get them new at if you don't want to sell yours?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode