factory rubber floor mat - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2002, 09:59 PM
KCsmuddyZ

factory rubber floor mat

My factory grey carpet is getting pretty nasty, too many muddy boot huntin' trips, and I'm not big on cleaning carpet. Where would I find an OEM style factory rubber floor covering like what stock Cheyenne series trucks came with? I know the dealer can probably get me one ($$$) and JC Whitney carries stuff like that, but I haven't been real impressed with the quality of Whitney stuff lately.

1994 Chevrolet Z71-2" body lift, 305/70's, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2002, 10:23 PM

Re: factory rubber floor mat

have you checked out the mats at walmart of autozone or pep girls? i don't know how marvelous the mats are quality wise, but if you need them without all that $$$, that might be where to look. i'm thinking about replacing my faded rubber mats.

The Pair

Crank 'em 1" - measure first!!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2002, 11:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

http://www.accmats.com - they are $120 for our trucks. i just put one in last summer and love it!

Mike ~

89 K1500, some goodies but not enough [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-685778-floor.jpg (26.6 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 12:05 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Have you thought about having it sprayed with a Rhino lining? It would have the quality your looking for, and if for some reason it gets cut they should repair it. It may be more than you want to spend, but then again, the price may not be all that bad....especially since you would never have to replace it ever again. Another plus is that they can do custom colors. Anyway, just a thought.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 08:15 AM
KCsmuddyZ

I have a spray in liner in the bed and it would be pretty cool inside the cab, but the places around here want around too much money to do it. Mike, that is exactly what I am wanting to do. I appreciate the picture, especially since I have the same interior as you.

1994 Chevrolet Z71-2" body lift, 305/70's, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 08:59 AM

Rhino lining is cool, but by using just that wouldnt you lose all of the sound deading capability of the mat and padding. The road noise would increase substainialy. Just a though.

1973 K20 - 350/350/205 Dana44 with large hubs/14bFF
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2002, 12:40 PM

well you wouldnt lose all aounsd deadening. Rhino liner works quite well to absorb sound. i mean its not GREEAT but it does an adequate job. i dont know aboutt eh other liners line line-X or anything. its a little less rubbery so i would assume it would absorb less sound, but i cant say that I've tested it to see, so take that with a couple of grains of salt.
---colored bird

<font color=red>96 Z-71 EXTcab, richmond 3.73, detroit rear, cold air, dual flowmasters, new drive-train </font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode