steering shaft extention in body lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2002, 05:13 PM
bigwishlist

steering shaft extention in body lift

I did a search and found no mention of a steering shaft adapter. My question is I can buy a 3" body lift from a buddy for $20.00. All he has is the blocks. No bolts of brackets or steering shaft extention. Is there any where I could but a steering shaft extention? And for the people who have bought one what elce comes in the kit? Im pretty sur I can rig up the bumper brackets and the ones that lower the parking brake cable. Anything Ive over looked? Thanks.

94,silverado,1500,Xcab,4x4,31x10.5R15 - 96 ZJ laredo 4x4 2"Lift,31x10.5R15 bfgAT/KO, k&n
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2002, 07:14 PM
BigBlueZ71

Re: steering shaft extention in body lift

you will actually be raising the Ebrake cable but yes that would be very easy to fab up, if you need some specs I can get them to you. As far as the steering extension, I didn't use it. Nobody else that I know of that got a 3" lift did either. mine just plain wouldn't fit so i said forget it.

"CAPTAIN CHROME OF THE SPONGY IFS"
1994 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z-71
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2002, 07:18 PM
lawdog022

I used my steering extension and it fit no problem. The only other thing you would need to do is modify your fuel filler tube and all you get from PA is a 3" tube with hose clamps. Pretty easy to fab yourself. Good luck!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2002, 07:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

there was somebody here that was asking about the fan shroud they didn't have becouse of the lift, just another thing to think about.

Started with a 1500, got slapped around, got me a truck with a D60, 14ff, np205, currently under construction.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2002, 07:37 PM
BigBlueZ71

lift kit comes with a fan shroud spacer, alot of people just hack the bottom of the shroud off a little and it fits fine. thats what I did b/c I couldn't get the spacers in there right

post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2002, 08:25 PM
bigwishlist

big blue - any tips/specs you could share youd be great. I forgot about the filler tube but think I could fab one up. Any other surprises I may run in to?

94,silverado,1500,Xcab,4x4,31x10.5R15 - 96 ZJ laredo 4x4 2"Lift,31x10.5R15 bfgAT/KO, k&n
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2002, 08:27 PM
Can't Get Enough

If you don't use the spacers you will have to hack the hell out of the fan shroud. That is if you bolt it back together stock the the fan will tear the hell out of it unless you just chop off most of the lower half.

My body lift only cost $125 tax and all. That is for a suburban. Your truck should be less pucks and less expensive. For peace of mind I would just buy the kit. It comes with all that is needed. Once you go and buy everything you'll probably only save about $40-$60.

Laters, Ryan

1999 Suburban 6.5" Cepek Lift and 3" Body lift, 37x12.5x15 SSR's
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2002, 08:38 PM
bigwishlist

If I buy my buddys kit it has 8 pucks and 6-8 metal blocks. Sound right? For those who bought new can you remember what it all came with?If I buy brand new it will cost $109 from summit. Might buy new for the peace of mind. But love to save money all the time! Thanks

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2002, 10:09 PM
BigBlueZ71

should only be 5 metal "blocks". only use two in a shortbed. 4 in a long bed b/c the middle section doesn't bolt to the frame. Justbuy the one from summit
and get the rear bumper raising brackets when you do too
I did that, and i love mine and am very happy I did it.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2002, 10:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I would also buy a new kit but I wouldn't buy the rear bumper raise'n brakets. Read my post [I raised my bumper for free!] It will save you soem money.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
PS I welded it all together after I posted the pics.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

94 GMC 6" superlift 3" body
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode