gmc emblem? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 06:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

gmc emblem?

ok i have a custom speaker box under rear seat of my truck with two twelves in between the speakers is a big blank space so i thought it would be cool to make a custom emblem saying gmc z71 or something so i been figuring and heres what i got theres that emblem that says gmc and sierra on my tailgate whch i hate and i'm thinking i could remove those and clean up custom do something and add those to speakerbox my question is how the heck do i remov those from thetailgate i cant get them off i removed the dealer emblem but the gmc and sierra ones wont come off whts the best way to do this without wrecking anything thanks

one day it will all happen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 06:47 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: gmc emblem?

Try using punctuation and proper grammer. I can barely tell what you are saying. Notice no one has replied to you yet?

Chrome sucks
285/75R16, 255/85R16, & 305/70R16 fit on a stock GM IFS fullsize 4x4 truck when on the stock 16x7 rims.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 06:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ok then, thanks for kind comments. I'm 16 what do you expect? I hope this is a little bit bettter. So sorry about before. Anyone who can read what i said please reply. Thank you for your time and cooperation in this post.

thank you,

Justin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 06:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

No offense dude but at 16 I would expect a lot more than that[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I just posted about this on Tim's guidelines thread. Let's try to be more considerate of the reader.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Somebody once said "Go Big" . . . Well we're goin' Full Size[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 06:55 PM
72dreamer

should come off the same way the dealer junk came off. what did you use for that?

i used emblem and decal remover on mine. $3 or $4 at o'rielly. some folks say the used a blow dryer. but with the spray i just let it soak and it's a breeze to take off.

Marriage is like a skin graft, it may or may not take.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 06:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That spray will take off the side moulding? If so I'm buying some.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]Somebody once said "Go Big" . . . Well we're goin' Full Size[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 07:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

aight sorry everyone. I'll work on it. I just never type correctly when i'm chatting with friends or something. I've never had it problem with it before. But, i promise to work on it. Sorry if i upset anyone thanks for any help you can give me. O, my question was how do i remove gmc emblem on tailgate.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 07:05 PM
72dreamer

heck yeah it'll work on the molding. it turns the adhesive to jelly and runnier the more you put. of course once you're finished you wanna wash the truck and all. i polished mine afterwards so the dull parts wouldn't be so obvious.

Marriage is like a skin graft, it may or may not take.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 07:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What do ya mean dull parts 72? I thought it would be newer looking paint under the moulding because it's been covered???[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

And yukon, no worries. It just gets a little exhausting trying to read posts that have lots of typos or lack of punctuation. And heck, you'll be better off in the end cause you'll be expressing yourself better[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 07:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey i know exactly what your talking about. ive had the same idea for my truck cause i have the same box as you. i would go to an apoulstery shop and have them do it but if you really want those emblems on there just go to a body shop and they can take em off

1995 GMC Z71 3inch body lift w/ 33's. 2 kicker 12's new mids and highs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode