Going to Hell - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2002, 11:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Going to Hell

Ok, as an opener, lets just say i know this is gonna piss some people off, so be forewarned.

Well, I know this seems to be the way most threads these days end up lately anyway, but has anyone noticed how the forum has gone to Hell lately? I mean, when i joined back in october, which i know wasnt that long ago, this was somewhwere i could come for reading some intelligent thoughts. However, lately, it seems to be like one giant b!tch fight everyday. And I'd have to agree with The Kid in saying "I think there are alot more posers than many people think" Granted, i know not everyone is going to go out every weekend and put their rig through the roughest stuff imaginable, but even just looking at peoples sigs, its apparent that a lot of people dont venture too far from the road. Yet these are the same people who bitch about others being "posers" Im not saying if it makes you a poser or not if you dont go off road too much, but it seems like there is a lot of hypocracy (sp?) here. And yes, all these repetitive topics piss me off too....its kinda dumb when ive been here 4 months and have 120 or so posts, and swamper has 654 in the less then month hes been here. I know a lot of those were "fluffer" posts, and i dont reply all that often, but come on, that seems kinda ridiculous.

Another thing that pisses me off is the arrogence of some of the long time members here. Yes, it may be aggrevating listening to the questions over again and again, but also keep in mind, for every new person that comes here asking those questions, its another person with an interest in our sport, ensuring that no matter how much the tree hugeers lobby, our sport will stay strong and stay around.

Ok, I know this pissed some people off, but i just had to get that all said. I know this may have been signing my own "off-road.com" death warrent. Thats just my thoughts anyway. sorry for the long post.

~Willie

88 chevy 1500, 3" body lift, 33's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2002, 11:45 PM
bigwishlist

Re: Going to Hell

Check out the test page. Swamper has 108 post to him self. Then look at a post called moab he posted about 50 times by himself! I take pride in all my posts cause I try to put a little bit of thought into all my posts. Pissed me off when I saw twhat swamper did.

94,silverado,1500,Xcab,4x4,31x10.5R15 - 96 ZJ laredo 4x4 2"Lift,31x10.5R15 bfgAT/KO, k&n
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2002, 11:50 PM

let me be the first to tell u i am a big part of the bitch fight in here. but the only people i am like that to is the same person we all wanted to be banned, then we let him back thinking he had been taught a lesson, but guess what? the same ole crap is happening, if u don't ban him for good this time, atleast revoke his member rating to "null" forever. its not really fair he bull****ted himself to that many posts and some people actually ar contributing in their posts. just a thought, well more like my plead to get rid of him..... FOR GOOD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2002, 11:58 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I think, I dont know what I think

lets just delete all the post from the last month and start fresh

trucks suck
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 12:28 AM
Mud in my Veins

i dont care what gotswamper does in his own time but the already slow server doesnt need any more flogging, and he's giving it hell. that is grounds for an IP ban i think, it's ridiculous. by the way, what ever happened to the "longest thread in the world"??

S H O U L D A G O T T A F O R D!

www.ArkansasMud.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 12:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah that's not fair that swamper has like nearly 700 post in a months time and is already an addict. He's such a dork.

Black Chevy Extended CabZ71 with 285 MaxxisMudders
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 12:36 AM

Well, personally, I think this place is becoming like truckworld, and I despise that place. Well, maybe it hasn't gone that far but lately it's getting more and more geared torwards stuff done for looks, and the miracle products, the ones that add 50 hp, gain 12mpg and cost 19.95. No offense to anyone though.

Jason
Big Willy Style
http://www.industrialoffroad.com

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 12:56 AM

i think that instead of making swampers member rating null forever, we should just change it to "gigawho" or "poser" forever. They will be his honorary titles anyway. BTW, im with RJ, im glad that there are two boards now.

1973 K20 - 350/350/205 Dana44 with large hubs/14bFF
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 01:14 AM

changing the rating ain't gettin rid off him, well,i guess i have a one-track mind.. BAN THE MORON

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 01:33 AM

I'm with you oletater!

I originally came here to lurk & learn about chevy engines & trannies since I'm interested in putting a 4.3 in my Toy.

Then GOTLIFT, a.k.a. SWAMPER, made his appearance here & on the Toyota board. He proceeded to make a complete nuisance and total A$$ of himself. As a result he was banned.

Now he's back with a new name and the same old B.S.

I thought banning meant banning!

p.s. As of the last time I checked, SWAMPosER had made 337 test posts!

It says 'MEMBER'!?!
I got yer member right here.
p.s. If you haven't done so, please fill out your profile. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode