Join Date: Sep 1999
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Forum Use Guidelines. Feel Free to comment
<font face="Comic Sans MS">I apologize for my initial outburst. I didn't intend it to read like *that*. For those who might not have caught *that* outburst, you didn't miss much.
Here is my new idea. Guidelines for use of the forum. After we get a list we can agree to, perhaps we should and/or could compile it into one post and make it sticky at the top of the forum. So come on please everybody, turn the flames off, and let's get back to ENJOYING this forum as it's meant to be. It's OUR forum so let's try and make it better for the good of all.
1) Be courteous and respectful EVEN when the answer is NOT the answer you wanted to hear. Also included in this item (#1) is the subject of maturity. Please try to have at least a minimum level of that characteristic. Just a little is usually more than enough. Please don't flame others. If you disagree, type out a calm, rational explanation of what you disagree with and why, plus what you feel the correct method/theory/etc is.
2) Use the search feature before posting. With nearly 80,000 posts on the forum, chances are unless it's a radical new idea, it's already been covered. In fact there's a good chance the question you have has been answered several times. If after searching for a short while you STILL can't locate the information you want (not specific enough, etc) THEN start a thread about it *or* make a post to an old thread to bring that thread back to the top for further clarification.
3) Keep pictures in your signatures under 10kb with an absolute MAXIMUM of 15kb.
4) Make or have someone make you a picture file that lists your stuff if you insist upon having that information in your signature. Please also see Item #3. (It should be noted that listing your stuff in your signature this way aids the search feature dramatically as you don't get all sort of false hits on threads just because someone had a keyword in their signature).
5) Mark off topic threads as O/T or similar, for sale threads F/S or similar, wanted threads as WTB or similar CLEARLY in the title.
6) Enjoy the forum.
Tim "Lord Sandman"
aka 454 Mobile Saginaw Michigan (sometimes on the CB)</font>