LUBA, do you have Bushwacker cut outs? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2002, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

LUBA, do you have Bushwacker cut outs?

Hey man, I remember you said you were at least going to look into them some time ago. Did you get them? Are they on the truck? What do you think of them? Got any pictures? Willy's and I would like to see them.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

What size tires/rims and lift do you have again? I know the 6" ProComp, but what's the rest of it?

Chrome sucks
285/75R16, 255/85R16, & 305/70R16 fit on a stock GM IFS fullsize 4x4 truck when on the stock 16x7 rims.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 07:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: LUBA, do you have Bushwacker cut outs?

Yes I did get them and they are on. I like them a lot, at first when I received I thought they were really flimsy and cheap. But once I got them installed they are very solid and look great. It wasn't to bad installing just a little leary of cutting the fenders. Actually right now they are replacing the driver's side flares- some bitch slam in the side of me and broke them. I should get my truck today and will post some pics for you guys. Oh yeah I have a 1997 Yukon GT 6" Pro-comp 35x14.5x15 Thornbirds.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Sweet, please post the photos when you can. I'm really starting to think that after the eventual solid axle swap (long, long time from now) I'll do something like 4-6" of lift, cutouts, and 35x15.5 Swampers for play.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Where are you in the Hand State again?

Chrome sucks
285/75R16, 255/85R16, & 305/70R16 fit on a stock GM IFS fullsize 4x4 truck when on the stock 16x7 rims.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 07:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Post some pic's truck sounds awsome!! Do you like your Thornbirds I want to ask someone with first hand experiances. Thanks

94 GMC 6" superlift 3" body
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 09:04 PM
Old Hand

POST SOME PICS LUBA!

http://www.geocities.com/supaflie/wxl.html
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 09:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

AJM- I live in Bay City (north base of the thumb) just north of saginaw.

Swamper- I like the thornbirds, everybody said they suck but I don't think they are that bad. I don't have anything to compare them to except the stock tires though. I have about 6000 miles on them. Sand, mud, and snow, and these are on my daily driver. I was actually suprised they do really well off-road. I will be getting boggers or SSR's when I switch to 1 ton axles, so I will have another set to compare them to. I had to have them shaved though. I went to the dunes and got some big air and they got out of round. After shaving they are awesome on the road, just a little bit quieter now. I liked them when they were louder.
All in all a good tire, but I only have limited time on them. I will let you know more after some more time.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 09:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here is an old photo before flares. Will post new ones when I get my trck back guys.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18-684419-YukonGT.jpg (32.3 KB, 3 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 09:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey how do you get the pic to be on your post? Also AJM how do you get the pics and stats at the end of all your posts? I might as well do that when I get the new pic.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 10:37 PM
bigwishlist

Here you go

94,silverado,1500,Xcab,4x4,31x10.5R15 - 96 ZJ laredo 4x4 2"Lift,31x10.5R15 bfgAT/KO, k&n
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2002, 11:59 PM

Hey, AJM, so in that FUTURE SFA swap, why would u only do 4-6" of lift? The price difference in those for springs is negligible (if i had an SFA i'd go with a package from 4wheelparts, and the 4" and 33's combo is $1350, and the 6" and 35's is $1400). I was just surprised that was all you were thinking of doing. In my opinion in would go with AT LEAST 6", and i'd consider more. Anyways, just wondering...

Darren

http://members.cardomain.com/dhcomp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode