New Rubbers - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2002, 04:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

New Rubbers

I have a 1995 Z71 , I want some tires for the stock rims that will look beefy but still be good for road conditions. I will soon have a 3" body lift. Just wondered what sizes 285? /75? /16

Pyro!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2002, 04:53 PM

Re: New Rubbers

Yup

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2002, 05:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

if your doin body lift get33x12.5s or 305/75 or 305/70

one day it will all happen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2002, 05:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

will 33x12.5's fit on stock rims?
If not I will ck the 305's ..thanks

Pyro!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2002, 06:25 PM
BigBlueZ71

haha oh goodness. DO A SEARCH!!! and no, a 33x12.5 is a 15 INCH RIM. 285 is close to a 33. like 32.8x11.5x16 that is what I run on a 3" body lift. a 33x12.5 will fit on a 15" rim with close to stock backspacing, do a SEARCH this topic has been beaten to death over, and over, and over. Search feature is just to the right of "main index" in the option bar up there.

"CAPTAIN CHROME OF THE SPONGY IFS"
1994 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z-71
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2002, 06:29 PM
BigBlueZ71

Post deleted by BigBlueZ71

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2002, 06:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Im appaled that you would say such things. I happen to admire your posts BigBlue, but to say the least I havent the time to go thru hundreds of posts that say "biggest tires for my truck" I just wanted to know what would look good and what size. Gracias

Pyro!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2002, 06:43 PM
BigBlueZ71

OH I am so so so sorry that I "appaled" you Mr. Blaze. Don't use the search topic then. I, along with everyone else on this board, have all the time in world to answer the same question every day. We are all here to serve you, you great Mr. Blaze. Is there anything else I or anyone else can do to keep you from having to waste 10 minutes of your precious valuable day from typing in "biggest tire" in the search menu? Glad I could be of service to you, have a wonderful day. Any other questions about tire sizes? Just call 281- 312- Bite Me.

Here is your answer. 285/75/16's will fit perfectly on a 3" lift on stock rims. Just look at my truck, AJM's truck, and a few more on here. 305's sure why not but they are pricey, so are 315's. you would be better off just getting 15" rims, close to stock backspacing which is 5.25", and running 33x12.5x15's. It is all personal preference, all will fit give you run stock rims and take into consideration how "saggy" your t bars and such are. and i leave you with this, do a search.

"CAPTAIN CHROME OF THE SPONGY IFS"
1994 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z-71
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2002, 06:58 PM
Mud in my Veins

Hahaha, as BigBlue said, you should have done a search first. Otherwise, check my signature. I've decided to just put the answer in there instead of typing it all out three times every day for the newbies.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Chrome sucks
285/75R16, 255/85R16, & 305/70R16 fit on a stock GM IFS fullsize 4x4 truck when on the stock 16x7 rims.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2002, 07:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

So, AJM I have stock rims what kinda "tyres" can I fit on my 4x4x4? Can I fit 40's. How much should I crank my torsion bars? What exactly are torsion bars?

The same 'ol questions.
Can't we get some better topics going? Just something new?

If it don't fit force it, and if all else fails get a bigger hammer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode