OT - New Use for Fast Food Trays - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2002, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

OT - New Use for Fast Food Trays

Ok, so i agree this is reckless, and kinda stupid, but im young, so bear with me.

Go to an empty parking lot or a court or something. Find a front wheel drive car with rear e-brake (most FWD's). "Borrow" 2 plastic trays from a fast food place. Place the trays under the back wheels and set the emergency brake really tight. Spin donuts! You have almost 0 traction in the rear, so its swings around effortlessly! After a donut or two, check trays if u don't wanna burn up your rear tires.

Got bored and tried it the other friday night, tried to video tape it but my friend missed the part when he was out of the car, so the tape is worthless.

Anyways, just thought i'd share, maybe give someone something to do this friday nite!

Darren

http://members.cardomain.com/dhcomp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 12:46 AM

Re: OT - New Use for Fast Food Trays

Once again this is not the worlds brightes idea so Im not say you should go out and do this. After closing (I work at the local McD's) we had some tray with chiped corners you are sapposed to through out the broken loby trays. So we decided to stand on them and get pulled along by a car. I know not the brighst idea but it was after 1am and theres not alot going on then.

1982 GMC 350, 700R4, NP208,10 Bolts[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img], 2in lift, 33x10.50-15 TSL Radials
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 12:50 AM
BigBlueZ71

doesn't go along with the whole food tray deal. But down at the beach me and my buddies always go skim boardin, for those of you that dont know what that is, i am sorry, yall are missing out. anyway, get a ski rope, hook it on my truck hitch, and drive next to the surf and skimboard along the beach. what sucks is when the board gets sucked into the sand and you faceplant. not a great feeling.

"CAPTAIN CHROME OF THE SPONGY IFS"
1994 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z-71
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 10:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I feel sorry for the damn fool who forgets to let go!

Due to the current economic situation, the light at the end of the
tunnel will be turned off until further notice.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 10:18 AM

My parents grew up in sacramento and I rember them mentioning once how they water skied along some of the irrigation ditches. By tying a rope to the back of a truck or car and driving along the levy road.

95 K2500 Silverado 350 ex cab
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 11:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Me and my buddies growing up used to steal food trays from a local fast food joint and body surf with them, the worked great. Cool thing to have when we were too drunk to stand up on our surfboards. Ahh man, thanks for bringing back precious memories!

John

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 12:42 PM

yeah, i;ve heard of the towed behind trucks, water skiing too. except it was behind a humvee and it was outlawed. my pops was involved i nthat one adn as a result of about a weeks worth of fun, th whole squadron was grounded becasue not enough pilots were healthy enough to go up.
---Peacock

<font color=red>96 Z-71 EXTcab, richmond 3.73, detroit rear, cold air, dual flowmasters, new drive-train </font color=red>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 09:49 PM

I've done that before...learned it on CK5. Done it in a Geo Metro rental, and a minivan...really fun, but the trays don't last long...arby's trays seemed to be the best.

90K5

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 10:01 PM

Gravel Skiing, rural iowa, has TONS of gravel roads. We tie a rope the back of a car or truck, and hold onto a stick on the end, and ski with our shoes. Ive only done it once for like 20 feet.

'83 GMC Seirra Classic 4x4 w/ 379 C.I. diesel, NP 208, 10 bolts, 235 Wild Spirits, Turbo from a International 966 tractor.(in process of rebuilding)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2002, 11:37 PM

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
gravel skiing, sheiiiiiiiiiiit

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode