i need the entire forums help on this one - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Standard IFS Trucks & SUV's All discussion of full sized IFS Trucks, SUV's to include Suburban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 06:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i need the entire forums help on this one

ok ok i dont know bout all of you but i know a 34x12.x15 inch tire would be perfect on my z71 with some lift and the goodyear mt/rs are awesome tires so i've been emailing goodyear telling them how big of a demand that size of mt/r would be and this is what i got in reply

Sent by: Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
Consumer Relations 739
1144 East Market Street
Akron, OH 44316
Voice #: (800) 321-2136
Fax #: (330) 796-3753

Hi Justin:

Thank you for the kind words about the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R tires.

We will pass along your comments on the 34x1250R15 tire size to our
marketing group for review.

Take Care!!

Dave Johnson
Customer Relations

so is what i'm thinking is that if we could get lots and lots of people to email the exact same person requesting a 34x12.5x15 mt/r and tell them how popular this would be i think we could get it done and i really really want tht so please if you could all take a second to email them requesting this tire and overload them with requests i would really appreciate it thanks

one day it will all happen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 07:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: i need the entire forums help on this one

Boggin chevy already said this.
But it was for boggers.
Why dont you just lift it 1/2" more and put on 35's?

94 GMC ?lift?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 07:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

cause i can't and wont afford a ifs lift i'm planning on saving for sfa later anyways

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 08:00 PM
Mud in my Veins

You just got a polite "yeah sure, whatever kid" letter. They are not going to make a 34x12.5R15 because there is no demand for it. Several decades of 33x12.5R15 and 35x12.5R15 manufacture, yet no 34x12.5R15.......I wonder why?

Because no one wants it.

Still got it......
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 08:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

o ok, well you brought up a point but heres my argument first off no one makes this? hmm i believe interco and mickeythompson make several 34" tires second how do you think that the 37" boggers and other swampers was developed it was through people requesting it, and would i have made this post with out prior proof to people wanting it i dont think so i've had atleast 75 people tell me on fullsize.com that its a great size so who knows maybe i am just a "little kid" but i sure got a argument against your post

post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 08:15 PM
Mud in my Veins

Notice neither Interco nor Mickey Thompson (who's product is worthless anyways) make a 34x12.5R15? I am very interested in the 34x10.5R16 Interco LTB or the 34x9R16 Super Swamper TSL, but it wouldn't make any sense to make one in a 34x12.5 because if you are going to go that wide, you might as well just step up to a 35" tire.

Sorry kid, not trying to be mean, but that was a brush off letter if I ever saw one.

Still got it......
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 08:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

o interco doesn't? seems to me that interco has a 34x12.5x15 trxus in production thats odd hmm and i dont think mickeythompson would like that much plus they make some of the best rims out there sorry kid proved you wrong again

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 08:23 PM
Mud in my Veins

Well, I'll be damned, I guess they have one listed as "Coming Soon". Don't hold your breath. They also had the 35x10.5R15 and R16 SSR like that for about a year, then it just went away, never to be heard of again.

***edit, wow, the 35x10.5 SSR's are on their site now.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Wonder why the guy at Interco told me they weren't going to make them a few months back?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Cool, I want a set.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]***

Making rims and tires is two completely different things. Oh yeah, go read the latest issue of Peterson's 4Wheel & Off-Road. The Mickey Thompson rim got beaten by the Weld and the el cheapo white steelie rims.

You don't think that Mickey T would like what much? Am I supposed to be afraid of the fact that I think their tires suck because they are always lumpy, split down the middle, wear uneven, fall apart, are impossible to balance (even worse than big bias ply Swampers), suck in everything but sand, and are generally worthless for the huge amount they want for them? I know many people who HAVE run them or sell/sold them, and all of them hate them with a passion.

Still got it......
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 08:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ok good points but another argument hehe i'm not tryin to fight just having fun but the 35x10.5x15 and 16 ssrs are out and can be bout read on the site and the 34" trxus comes out in a few weeks i've talked to interco its a for sure thing also som website companies are beginning to put them up for sale

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 08:29 PM
Mud in my Veins

Well, my original point was it's not likely Goodyear is going to come out with a 34. 35's are starting to become de riguer for offroading now (minimum manditory[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]), and it's gotta be a niche market.

Best bet would be a set of the 34x12.5R15 TrXus.

Still got it......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode