here's a portion of the bill:
SEC. 803. ASSISTANCE FOR STATE PROGRAMS TO RETIRE FUEL-INEFFICIENT MOTOR VEHICLES.
(a) ESTABLISHMENT- The Secretary shall establish a program, to be known as the `National Motor Vehicle Efficiency Improvement Program,' under which the Secretary shall provide grants to
States to operate programs to offer owners of passenger automobiles and light-duty trucks manufactured in model years more than 15 years prior to the fiscal year in which appropriations are made
under subsection (d) to provide financial incentives to scrap such automobiles and to replace them with automobiles with higher fuel efficiency.
(b) STATE PLAN- Not later than 180 days after the date of enactment of an appropriations act containing funds authorized under subsection (d), to be eligible to receive funds under the program, the
Governor of a State shall submit to the Secretary a plan to carry out a program under this subtitle in that State.
(c) ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA- The Secretary shall approve a State plan and provide the funds under subsection (d), if the State plan--
(1) requires that all passenger automobiles and light-duty trucks turned in be scrapped;
(2) requires that all passenger automobiles and light-duty trucks turned in be currently registered in the State in order to be eligible;
(3) requires that all passenger automobiles and light-duty trucks turned in be operational at the time that they are turned in;
(4) restricts automobile owners (except not-for-profit organizations) from turning in more than one passenger automobile and one light-duty truck in a 12-month period;
(5) provides an appropriate payment to the person recycling the scrapped passenger
automobile or light-duty truck for each turned-in passenger automobile or light-duty truck;
(6) provides a minimum payment to the automobile owner for each passenger automobile and light-duty truck turned in; and
(7) provides, in addition to the payment under paragraph (6), an additional credit that may be redeemed by the owner of the turned-in passenger automobile or light-duty truck at the time of
purchase of new fuel-efficient automobile.
Marriage is like a skin graft, it may or may not take.