Off Roading Forums banner

It's been Awhile!!!

422 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  desertrat67 
G
#1 ·
It\'s been Awhile!!!

Hello Everyone,

I'm back!!! Need to support my fellow sfa brothers /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

So how is everyone doing?

Joe
79K10

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: It\'s been Awhile!!!

Hey, it's Kona_Joe!!! Welcome back man, it's been too long... What's the status of the beast? Any more progress on that? Last I'd heard you were still in the process of putting it back together although that was a long while ago... Any photo updates for us?

Tim "Sandman"

The one and only 'Sandturnip'

G
#3 ·

AHHHHHHHHHH YOU SONOIFABITCH! WELCOME BACK! GODDAMMIT I MISSED YA!

I tried to get ahold of ya on the CK5 board today and you pop up here! Man you were one of my inspirations with that rig of yours. Yeah lets see some PICTURES!

HAHAHAHA! YEAH! ANOTHER SFA DUDE IS BACK!

BTW - Not a lot of the sfa brothers left, lots of ifs and stockers here, and I hate to mention it, but a lot of parking lot posers.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAH !

IM SO HAPPY !

http://usor.topcities.com

G
#4 ·

Hey, SFA here and certainly not stock. My truck is too dirty all of the time and too rusty and beat up to be a parking lot poser.

'85 GMC High Sierra-305ci,700R4,33x12.50's,
ezlocker front and detroit rear

#6 ·

Welcome back man. How's that thing going? I wanna see some pictures!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

Please/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

The board has changed a lot since you've stopped posting regularily, but there's a lot of us "veterans" on here, and most of the new guys are cool, learning, or harmless.

"Mostly Harmless" to quote one of my favorite books./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

Still got it......

G
#8 ·

Hey Thanks Everyone!!!

Here is a little update…

The truck is still in a few pieces, Allot less pieces than before but still not on the road.
I keep finding things to add or do to it.

As of now I'm working on a home brew hydraulic steering ram assist, Power Steering Cooler/Filter, a set of Rock Sliders and changing the fuel tank to something other than the side saddle tank. Maybe mount a fuel Cell in the bed or put a Blazer tank in the back of the frame.

And maybe this summer a Custom Chrome-Moly rollcage

I need to scan & post some new pics, but here is one for now

Rebuilt & Installed this…

Joe
79K10

Attachments

G
#9 ·

Ohhhhh thats sexy................. /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

YES! Glad you're back dude! Remeber all my dumb questions about tires and whatnot? Be sure to check out my page and see what you have helped create.

Oh, by the way, the gas tank thing, I'm getting a 32 gallon K5 tank shipped from CA with sender. Got it for $40 I plan on putting it up between the front frame rails. I'll put 2 or 3 pieces of tubing underneath the frame support it and ratchet strap it down, or maybe I can find some metal strap things. Good luck dude, MORE PICTURES! I hope I can get my frame and junk all blacked out in POR 15 when I have the bed off.

http://usor.topcities.com

#10 ·

RJ, what is SFA??? just messing. That is a beautiful pic you posted KJ. Are the tie rod and drag link Rock Rods? They look beefy as hell! The rest of the pic shows one clean ass truck. good work.

possibilities
and current pics of the V30

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.