bumper - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2001, 09:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

bumper

I am new to the offroad scene I am playing with a 88 s-10 I was gonnna give it a 3 inch body lift. my question is how will the front and rear bumpers be affected, are there brackets for them, or will the stay in there stock form??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2001, 10:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: bumper

Well, I knoow your bumpers are gpoint to be lower (there connected to the frame) look at your radiatator mount, i think its in the front clip, so you might be good there, but check for shure. you can make bumper relocation brackets easy enough, just bet some 1/8 in or if you tow 1/4in flat stock and fab away!!

Tim

88 blazer
Like A Rock
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2001, 10:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Both bumpers will be low because they attatch to the frame. I helped lift a 91 and for the front bumper we ground off the bumper mounts from the frame, raised them, got everything in line, and rewelded them. The rear will require fabricating some brackets to raise the bumper. I read on here that someone mentioned filling in the gap with something like aluminum diamond plate ( like aluminum tool boxes are made of ). I dont know what it would look like but if you done a good job I am sure it would look fine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2001, 06:23 PM

From what I've seen a lot of kits don't come with relocation brackets but they are available for body lift kits. They are just usually pieces of square tubing with a hole in them for a bolt. It will merely raise your bumper to meet with the body.

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

http://members.nbci.com/desertride/index.htm
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2001, 11:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I lifted my 85 blazer three inches on the body. Yes there is going to be a gap. Best solution is to make new bumpers. You can (depending on how handy you are with metal) make some nice looking fill pieces with sheet metal and paint to match your body. I made my back bumper and am in the process of making a front, as soon as i get my hands on the tubing i want.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2001, 05:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Mine came with new front brackets...but it was a Warn Black Diamond kit.
Basically its just the stock brackets to make the bumper where it should be. Mine have two longer pieces of metal that come down on each side and bolt to the sides of the frame...
You could probably "rig" it pretty easily if you or someone you know is good at welding.

85 S10 Blazer 3" body 2" tbar lift. 31x10.50s on 15x8 rims

http://www.geocities.com/marktrot/or.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode