tachometer problem... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2001, 10:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

tachometer problem...

I've got an '89 S-10 Blazer, 4.3L, 4X4 w/ an automatic trans. I am curious about my RPM's so I bought a tach. The only problem I've run into in installing it is how to hook it into the ignition coil. The directions just say to connect it to the neg (-) side of the coil. I've lost my service manuel and have no way to figure out which side is neg. Any one who has installed a tach and has some advice or just any one who can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2001, 01:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: tachometer problem...

go to auto zone and buy the hanes manual. it should have the info you are looking for

post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2001, 06:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Do a search on tachs here. I was part of a post where someone was having the same problem as you. I would just tell you what he found out but I cant remember[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]. I know that it wasnt the same wire as my 2.8 uses. If I am not mistaken a tach hooks to the hot wire on the coil instead of the negative wire. I put a tach on a 4.3 but cant remember what wire I used. When I run into the that truck again I will look and see and then post the results if you still need them. Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2001, 11:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Cuttingedge, I was the person that you helped with the tac question, and again I appreciate the help. So if it's not to late (i've been camping in Utah for the last week) here is what we found. My tac hooked into the white wire (Could be light brown) on the black plug on the coil, and that wire went to the distributer. Hope this info is in time for you to use. Got any other questions, just write me. Good luck!

Honda Civics make good parking spots!

1991 S-10 4door Blazer, 230,000 miles and counting, K&N, 2inch TB/AAL lift, Cat flash Brush guard, and more coming!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode