trailmaster 2" lift or 5" lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2001, 11:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

trailmaster 2\" lift or 5\" lift

Hi,
I have a 1991 Chevy s10 blazer. I got a 4.3 in it. I have 4 wheel drive, and I really want to modify it for 4 wheelin'. I want to put Super Swamper SSR's on it, size 31/12.50/15. My original idea was to put a body lift on the blazer, but the guy at the 4x4 shop said that it would be better if I went with a suspension lift. He said that trailmaster makes a 2" lift and a 5" lift for s10's. Which one would be better to put on for durability, quality, and satisfaction, plus, I will be drivin this on the street, so I don't want to lose too much power?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2001, 09:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: trailmaster 2\" lift or 5\" lift

I am running 31x10.5 swampers on my truck. I went with a three inch body life. I still have rubbing on the frame when I make a hadr turn but that doesn't bother me much. Also I had to poudn the inside fender wells a little. I think I am still going to do a cut out fender well mod. just for a little piece of mind. If you go with a suspention life it is going to rais your whole center of gravity, making body roll a little more noticeable, but it might help with the frame rubbing. I don't think that a two inch is gona help you enough though. You might want to think about a two inch body and supention lift together if you don't want to cut your fenders. Well good luck. Let us know what you do and how everything works.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 02:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

http://S10-4X4.COM/HitFit/

As for the 4wheeling mods, look around, the Technical section is full of mods. The link that I put up is for a specific spot in the Technical section.

Good Luck

He who toots his own horn is talking out of his A$$.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2001, 03:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

On my 94 i've got torsion bar crank and 2 inch body, with 31's easy. O and i also have wheel spacers 2inch in back and 1.5 on front. The 31's clear easily. I want to go bigger with the lift so might buy the 2inch trailmaster maybe another inch if i get that. I got about 2.5 inch with the torsion bar lift a lot compared to others. Attached is a picture

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17-458920-BEST.jpg (61.4 KB, 7 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode