2" or 3" lift for my Sonoma - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2001, 09:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

2\" or 3\" lift for my Sonoma

Hello boyz...go easy on me, as you can see I'm a newbi...
I did a lil search on the subject, and found a few threads, but none to the spec's of my truck. Just wonder'n if you guys had a lil info to pass around before I have my truck in pieces [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I have a '93 Sonoma 4x4 extended cab. (with the 4.3 vortec) I am running 31.12.5's on her now with no lift...I cranked my tortion bars down in the front and I have some cheap shackle extention's in the back. I still get the rubb'n in the front every time I hit a good bump, and the rubb'n when I turn full crack. The back is fine, they don't hit anywhere. The problems I have is my front is turned down so far that I can't keep cv boots on my axles because of the angle that they are on. I figure I'll just go and do it the right way and save the front end of my truck [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I'd like to know what would be best to get...a 3" or a 2"?? If I'm going to bother to do the lift, and get the 2"...I'm I going to be kicking myself in a few months and want the 3? Could I go with bigger tires with the 3"? If I did go with bigger tires, would I end up breaking stuff in my front end? And finally, where can I find some body lift kits at? I've tried some links at the bottom of this page, but they don't seem to want to work for me...Any help at all would be great.

thanks [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

HardCore Zuk with 31's (basic, but she goes) KLR 250, '01 Polaris XCXP 800, Arctic Cat ZR 600 & the daily driver, GMC Sonoma 4x4 also with 31's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2001, 06:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 2\" or 3\" lift for my Sonoma

if you are wanting to save you CV's I would go ahead and get the 5in trailmaster lift. you can put that on and have the lift without tweaking you TBars as much. the trailmaste lowers the whole front diff. and is a pretty good kit. they have it cheap at http://www.4wheelparts.com/
hope this helps
Puddleskipper

85 chevy s10 4x4 2.8l v6 4bl
538,862 miles and counting
http://www.geocities.com/greer5199/puddleskipper.html
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2001, 11:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hay, thanks for the link! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I think a five inch lift is a lil too much for what I need, but that site will have som'm that I can get.

If and when I do the lift, I'll post some pic's up.

thanks again,

HardCore Zuk with 31's (basic, but she goes) KLR 250, '01 Polaris XCXP 800, Arctic Cat ZR 600 & the daily driver, GMC Sonoma 4x4 also with 31's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2001, 10:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You could just do a 2 or 3 inch body lift, I wouldnt go much bigger than the tires you have even with that though, but when you lift it I would suggest you turn your t-bars back to stock.

Ryan

"There's no pressure on me when I'm in a race car. Hell, that's when I'm relaxed; that's the best time in my life" Dale Earnhardt 9/7/1987
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode