Tires: will 31" fit - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 12:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tires: will 31\" fit

Hey,
I have a 91 s10 blazer. It has a 4.3 in it and is a 4x4. I only have about 100k on it and I am going to modify it for four wheeling. I am going to put a 3" body lift on it, and I hopefully will be able to put some Super Swamper SSR's on it. Will 31x12.50r15 fit? Will they rub at all? Also, how will they handle off-roading? If you have any suggestions, could you please respond?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 08:37 AM

Re: Tires: will 31\" fit

with my 3" body lift and 31x10.5, my tires rub the frame when turning at full lock. also, when i got my tires, i was going to put 10" rims on it...well, those didn't work because the tires stuck out to far and i couldn't turn the truck unless i would have hacked the fenders pretty bad.... so they might fit if you use stock rims and don't mind if the tires rub a bit....

Craig

'89 S-10 P/U 4.3L 31" Yoko M/Ts
'99 S-10 2.2L 2WD 5 Speed Stepside Totally Stock [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
'88 Kawasaki Mojave (FOR SALE)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 03:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You also might want to try a torsion crank and shackle swap.

Check it out at:http:// http://S10-4X4.COM/EasyLift/

31x12.5's might still be a stretch though. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] On that same website they have a "hit and fit" chart. That would give you a little more info.
Also, what gears are you running? If they aren't 3.73's, the 12.5's might be boggin' you down too much to make it worth it.If you are lucky and have 4.11's, [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I wouldn't worry about the power, just the rubbin' [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Good luck

He who toots his own horn is talking out of his A$$.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2001, 06:02 AM

I have run 31x10.5 with a 3" and had very minimal rubbling with stock rims. I would recommend it to anyone. with a 4.3, you won't loose too much power, but 4.11's would be nice.

Blazernut

'91 S15 Jimmy 5.7L 4X4
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2001, 06:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

WEll when I put my 31x10.5's on all i had was a body lift and I couldn't get them to rub. i tried my buddies 31x12.5's swampers and the fit well. the only time they rubd wa at full lock.. getting ready to get a set of 31x12.5's myself after the way those did on my truck...
Hope this helps

85 chevy s10 4x4 2.8l v6 4bl
538,862 miles and counting
http://www.geocities.com/greer5199/puddleskipper.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode