How many run a SFA conversion? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

How many run a SFA conversion?

Just curious but I see a lot of talk about this on this board and was wondering how many have gone out and done it?
By the way I saw a S-10 blazer with a SFA the other day and it looked BADA$$![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img].

A Man a Dog and a Pickup it's a wondurful thing(sometimes)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 12:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: How many run a SFA conversion?

Mark Hall aka Bad Bowtie has an SFA s-10, there is a guy on here that goes by the name fullreversal that is in the process fo doing it, those are the only 2 on here that I have seen though.

Ryan

"There's no pressure on me when I'm in a race car. Hell, that's when I'm relaxed; that's the best time in my life" Dale Earnhardt 9/7/1987
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 10:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Theres more than those two. They just dont talk about it. Its probly the hardest thing you can possibly do for an s10. But it sure as hell worth it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

I'm sure it is worth it! Heck if I had an S-10 I'd go get that kit from hill off-road for what $2000 and my own $100 doller junkyard axle? I mean that whould be the trail beast from heck!

A Man a Dog and a Pickup it's a wondurful thing(sometimes)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 08:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm planning on one. It might and might not happen this summer but it sure as hell will happen. I've already done a lot of planning and research and I figure that this swap will be 100% more cost effective than just a lift and it really doesn't cost that much more than a 5" lift. Also I have to say that this bbs and the s-104x4.com bbs were the two best sources of knowledge for this project on the web.

Lack of engine proformance equals a limp shaft.
http://members.home.net/jm8881/blazer.html
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 11:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm working on getting my front axle for one this summer. I've already got the rear. The front is picked out. Just gotta buy it.
Heck I'm even doing this with an ole 2.8 engine...

post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Well as long as the lil' 2.8 runs desent and you gear the axles nice and low I don't see why it whould blow up the first time you put it in gear or something[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img].

post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 08:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Its a fairly recently rebuilt 2.8. I just mean that its a wimp for power and torque. I'll have 4.10s in the rear and 4.11s up front turning 33s. With the 2.8 it'll just take me a while to get going and hills will kill me. I'll probably get a new manifold and carb and air filter just to help it out a little.
I'm going to get my front this saturday. Maybe the springs too.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2001, 10:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm still trying to figure out the steering on my 85 HYBRID with the SFA.
I'm looking for a box that will work with as much of the fullsize's linkages but still bolt to the S10 frame. It'll definetly be 1 bad S10 when its done, though! Im thinkin of using a topless SBlazer body and make the windsheild fold-down. Just need the time to work on it now! LOL!
A.S.

1989 GMC S-15 4x4 4.3L/700R-4, 3.08s, 31" Sport Kings For Sale
1985 S-10 4x4 Soon to have 3504BM/TH350/D44/14FF, 35" Boggers
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2001, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Can't beat going topless!! Or so I've been told[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]. I've thought of cutting the top off my pickup though...*Insert mad cackleing laugh*

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode