88' blazer problem's - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 03:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

88\' blazer problem\'s

I got the new 4.3 in and running and isn't too bad but not a vortec either. I'm haveing and problem with the gauges. The oil pressure jump's around at idle but is just fing at speed and my volt gauge say's it's only chargeing about 10 volt's although my headlight's are blinding. I also have a problem with the service engine light alway's being on. I first took it to a shop and they said it was the oxygen sensor. So I put in a new one and it keep's coming on. I have one of those code readers and after leaveing the battery undone overnight I went out and drove it. The light came back on and the tester say's that it's still the sensor???? Also, what's my best bang for my buck in performance? I put better ex. on it and want to stay with the manifold's. This thing already has a nasty shift kit and 3:73's. A spacer and chip??? Or is there something else I could do?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 02:47 AM

Re: 88\' blazer problem\'s

My Question Is Did your truck Originally come with a 4.3?
if not the computer may be getting the wrong readings from the 4.3 sensors so you may have to get a computer out of a vehical that came stock with the 4.3
as far as your O2 sensor there is 2 codes for it Does it give you the code for a rich condition or a lean condition
i'm thinking the computer may be getting a reading telling it your engine is running lean cause if the truck originally had the 2.8 the 4.3 will get the same amount of fuel as the 2.8 did when it was in the truck but with the bigger Cylinders by the time the fuel is burnt and moves past the O2 sensor the computer will get a lean reading cause you acually are running the engine lean with the bigger Cylinders .....
Make sence?????????

Nissan_King_84

1984 Nissan King Cab 4x4
http://www.geocities.com/nowheres/Paul_s_720_Page.html
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 02:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

No this is an original 4.3 truck. I can only narrow it down to a bad connectr between the sensor and the computer. All the code say's is sensor fault????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 01:08 AM

Try transplanting all the sensors off the old enginw to your new one and see if you still have problems?

Nissan_King_84

1984 Nissan King Cab 4x4
http://www.geocities.com/nowheres/Paul_s_720_Page.html
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 09:04 AM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] You could always trace the wiring for the O2 sensor with an ohm meter to determine where a possible break in the line might be, which could cause an O2 sensor code to trip... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Just a thought...

You might want to try grounding your firewall and guage cluster directly to the battery and see if anything changes. Have you verified that your battery really does have the proper voltage?

Finally I think you should get all of the problems taken care of first (O2 sensor, guages, etc...) before even considering performance. And pick one problem to work on at a time, helps to prevent frustration caused by chasing many problems... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I think the order I'd work on the issues in would be the guages first, then the sensor, and then whatever else you'd like to do... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]</font>

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My May Column
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode