Hypertech chip - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 04:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hypertech chip

Well guys, I just ordered a Hypertech Thermomaster chip and a PowerAid TBI spacer for my 93 4.3 TBI. I allready have flowmasters, 360 K&N and 180* superstat. I hope I get something out of them ($200 worth!). They sould be here in a couple of days. Any tips on installing either of these, I don't anticipate them being very hard but something allways seems to not fit or work right and instructions aren't allways clear. The chip is behind the glove box, right? Anything tricky about the TBI spacer? I'm not quite shure how to get the TBI off, but it can't be too hard? I hope! I'll let ya'll know how it goes!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2001, 08:31 AM

Re: Hypertech chip

To take the TBI off, take off your air filter. then there are 3 bolts going thru the TBI into the intake manifold, unscrew these. Pick the TBI up, slide your new spacer and gasket in place. screw in with your new bolts... put your air cleaner back on and you're good to go...
the computer is behind the dash on the passinger side. you have to take the bottom molding off and you can see the computer up in there... i beleive there is just one bolt holding it in there... slide the computer down, sometimes catches on something, undo the screws holding the little cover plate on, then pop the chip out and replace... did i miss anything???

Craig

'89 S-10 P/U 4.3L 31" Yoko M/Ts (For Sale!)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
'99 S-10 2.2L 2WD 5 Speed Stepside Totally Stock [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

'88 Kawasaki Mojave (FOR SALE)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode