Tire ??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 11:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tire ???

Would I be able to run 30X9.50 on my 91 S-10 blazer? I don't think that I would have a power problem with my 4.3L and Leaving stock gears, But I don't know. Has anyone done this change before? Did you have any problems with rubbing when the suspension is flexed. I am also considering turning my TB's up about an inch and adding a nother leaf in the back, would this be needed if I went to the 30's? Or is all of this crazy and I should stay with the stock 235's?

As far as tires I think i'm going with BFG A\T. Have you guys had any problems with these?, and Is there a better tire out there for better money? Hope this all makes since! Thanks, Mike

Honda Civics make good parking spots!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2001, 12:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Tire ???

30's should be fine with the t-bar crank and add-a-leaves, you would be in your best interest to do those things first instead of slappin on the 30's then seeing what needs to be done. As far as power and gears, you should be just fine. I have 31's on my blazer with stock gears, and it is still pretty quick for an SUV, I have 3.42 gears, I have also done a few performance mods (K&N Gen II, Dynomax exhaust) but nothing huge, I ran 30's on my sonoma for a while, and it did just fine with the stock 4.3

Ryan

"There's no pressure on me when I'm in a race car. Hell, that's when I'm relaxed; that's the best time in my life" Dale Earnhardt 9/7/1987
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2001, 11:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You shouldnt have rubbing or power problems. My brother had a 92 and ran 30's. He had the 4.3, 5 speed manual, and 3.42 gears and still had plenty of power. I got an 89 with 2.8 and I never have had rubbing problems with no TB crank or aal's. However I do suffer from lack of power but I did that with the stock tires too [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]. The BF AT's are in my opinion the best all around tire you can buy. I dont run anything else. They wear real good and drive great. The dont do real good in mud though. If you plan to do a lot of off roading in mud you might want to consider a mud tire.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2001, 06:58 PM

I've got the 30x9.50 BFG All-Terrain KO's on my '98. I bought it used with the body lift, but their looks to be plenty of room for that size tire. At 31's they'll tend to rub a little.

As far as power, my 3.42 gears are enough (for now at least) running this size tire. Any bigger of a tire and I'll end up changing gears (which I plan to do anyway when I get a lift installed).

Cranking up your torsion bars is OK for some things. The ride will be stiffer, and if you're not careful as to how much you crank them up you will tend to wear out CV joints.

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

http://members.nbci.com/desertride/index.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode