SFA - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 04:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

SFA

How much would it cost to do a solid axel conversion on a 98 s10?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 04:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: SFA

Well Stage West makes a conversion kit for $1,500 with everything but an axle. So figure about $400 for an old Jeep front end and then probably another $100 for misc. things (a project like this always leads to a few other purchaces) and your looking at about $2,000. Unless you don't install it yourself, then you have to pay someone else to do it and I have no idea how much Bob the mechanic will charge.

Lack of engine proformance equals a limp shaft.
http://members.home.net/jm8881/blazer.html
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2001, 11:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

An SFA conversion on a 98? Okay, moneybags why not just go for a couple of Dynatrac High-pinion Dana 60s with 4.56 gears and Air-Lockers? Then beef up the 4.3 with a Powerdyne supercharger, a B&M 4L60E, and a 4:1 low-range kit for the transfer case, and maybe 8" of suspension lift while your at it. Top it all off with some 35" M/T Baja Claw Radials on M/T Challenger wheels.
That would be a BAD ASS S10 for sure(especially if it was black!)
Just my $.02
A.Smith

1989 GMC S-15 4x4 4.3L/700R-4, 3.08s, 31" Sport Kings For Sale
1985 S-10 4x4 Soon to have 3504BM/TH350/D44/14FF, 35" Boggers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2001, 11:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Calm down 355 we are all a little jealous [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] but man you seem to have quite a plan, maybe I should so an SFA on my 2000 blazer, and then add an s/c. Kidding, but actually if you think about it 2000 isnt too much more than you pay for your normal lift kit when you consider the fact that you will have a totally trick ride.

Ryan

"There's no pressure on me when I'm in a race car. Hell, that's when I'm relaxed; that's the best time in my life" Dale Earnhardt 9/7/1987
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2001, 09:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Im not jealous, just envious! I couldn't afford a 98 or 2000 S10, let alone bring myself to tear it apart for an SFA conversion!(Maybe if someone paid me to do it!LOL!)
Yeah, those Powerdyne's are bad-ass on a 4.3! Hmmm, wonder what Dynatrac charges for those High-Pinion D60s? Then you'd need some type of new front suspension(maybe coil-overs and a 4 link?)Or leaves like a YJ Wrangler?
Then the old push-button POS Transfer case would need to go and make way for an Atlas II and some custom driveshafts.
Wow! This could be a nice project, really. In the end you'd have an S10 that would tower over even a lifted ZR-2, yet could easily outmuscle even the wrilyest trail-Jeep. Oh yes, the chicks would dig it too!
Just dreaming out loud!
A.Smith

1989 GMC S-15 4x4 4.3L/700R-4, 3.08s, 31" Sport Kings For Sale
1985 S-10 4x4 Soon to have 3504BM/TH350/D44/14FF, 35" Boggers
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2001, 06:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

figure about 4 grand and thats with you installing it with the stage west kit.
Kit 1600
Ship 140
Axle 400
Gears 400
actuator 100
driveshaft 200
Wheels 200
Tires 800
misc. 350

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode