Pics of my truck - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2001, 12:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Pics of my truck

Here are a few pics of my little project truck so far. No action shots because of how crappy my camera is. Just polished her up. What do you guys think? It's a 93 S-10 Tahoe, 4.3l Vortec, 4dr, 4x4, 2" T-bar and shackle lift, 3" Trailmaster body lift, 33x12.5x15 Super Swamper TSL's, Custom K&N cold air intake, B&M transpak and shift improver plus, Harwood 2" fiberglass cowel induction hood, Flow Pro muffler. Soon to have a 6" Camburg suspension lift to eliminate rubbing, Fiberglass front fenders to replace the metal ones I had to hack up, a 350 V8 (yes it will happen, I'm building it in my garage right now), and anything else the "bug" can put into my head.

Lack of engine proformance equals a limp shaft.
http://members.home.net/jm8881/blazer.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2001, 09:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Pics of my truck

Sweet truck! So, where do the tires rub? Everywhere? LOL! Damn! 33s without a true sus. lift! Ya gonna get a 33" spare and a roof rack? That stock tire carrier blows! Good luck!
A.S.

1989 GMC S-15 4x4 4.3L/700R-4, 3.08s, 31" Sport Kings For Sale
1985 S-10 4x4 Soon to have 3504BM/TH350/D44/14FF, 35" Boggers
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 03:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Your gonna need to ditch the ifs if you run the 350 like you have planned, from my experience, the front end is not going to be able to handle the power a 350 has, especially with 33's. I have already destroyed one front drivetrain(1600) in parts to fix it, and I have a 2.8 with 32's. I can only imagine wihat would happen if I threw a 350 under the hood. So my advice to you is to run a straight axle conversion, it'll cost you about 2500-3000 dollars installed, which isn't too much more then that 6 inch lift will run you, and if you use the right axles, you will have a much more durable setup with tons more travel.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2001, 11:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Damn, dude! Who raped you for $1600 for an IFS! And how in the hell did you blow it up with a 2.8? Also I hope you're running 4.56 gears with those 32s! I had 4.11s with 31s and it sucked! The IFS outlasted the engine and trans!
A.Smith

1989 GMC S-15 4x4 4.3L/700R-4, 3.08s, 31" Sport Kings For Sale
1985 S-10 4x4 Soon to have 3504BM/TH350/D44/14FF, 35" Boggers
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2001, 11:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

4.11's with 31's sucked, my 3.43's are fine with 31's...oh wait you have the 2.8 huh, yup Im an idiot.

Ryan

"There's no pressure on me when I'm in a race car. Hell, that's when I'm relaxed; that's the best time in my life" Dale Earnhardt 9/7/1987
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2001, 01:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The funny thing about when I blew up the front end is that I wasn't doing anything tough , I was going up this loose hillclimb, gave it a little gas, heard a pop, and it was done, so it was definately the front end and not the driving. My friend thats got a 85 s-10 blazer that has a 350 and had 33's at the time who went through 2 front ends in less then a year before he switched to straight axles and 35's, and he hasn't had a single problem since. Every single person I have talked to about it has agreed that the stock front end of an s-10 with a 2.8 or 4.3 isnt designed to handle tires bigger then you can fit stock,let alone when you drop a v-8 into it, so it'll eventually break, you have probably just been blessed with a sound front end, mabey the 160,000 miles and 4 years of wheelin had somethin to do with it, I don't know. As for the cost, it wasn't just the ring and pinion and diff, I had to replace a cv joint, output shaft, and the both sides of the differential carrier as well as the passenger side axle tube, and I bought all new parts, if that helps. As for the power, it has 4:10's and yeah, its gutless, but I get 17mpg on the highway and manage somehow to run the quarter in 19.6 seconds, so its manageable, and I'd rather spend my money elsewhere then new gears, like a suspension lift to keep the tires from rubbin when I wheel, because it does what it needs to do, and hasn't had a problem since the diff blew up this summer.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 04:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had a 93' four-door that ran 16.8's all day bone stock and it had the 3:42 gear's in it too. I switched to 30 inch mud tires and installed a dynomax cat back ex. and k&n filter. The truck was best a 17.1 performer at best. Is this fast or something? I raced a guy with the same truck and it was stock but still only went 17:9. I was racing him in my 502 truck at the time so he seemed reallllyyyy slow!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode