2 inch lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2001, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

2 inch lift

I plan on putting my perf. acc. left in next week and I wanted to know if there are any quick tips that could help me lift it. Right now i'm going to use a hydrolic jack on blocks.(Not too stable) Also how much torque should be put body mount bolts and what locktite to use?

If it has wheels or a skirt,
You can't afford it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-01-2001, 09:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 2 inch lift

Just to be safe, get a few buddies to help with it, it will go MUCH easier! On the torque specs, I expect @ 100ft.lbs. would be sufficient with red locktite. I used a gantry type lift to remove the 3" lift from my 85. Just a big "I" beam with a chain-hoist on it. Good luck.
A.S.

1989 GMC S-15 4x4 4.3L/700R-4, 3.08s, 31" Sport Kings For Sale
1985 S-10 4x4 Soon to have 3504BM/TH350/D44/14FF, 35" Boggers
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 05:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I put the performance accessories lift in my truck. They will probably give you a little piece of 2" steel pipe and tell you to cut the gas filler tube and use hose clamps to put that in. What a goshdarn joke. Go to the parts store and buy a length of hose that is 2 or 3 inches longer than the stock one and put it on. That stupid piece of pipe has given me more trouble, plus it takes four times as long to put in as a real hose. I would also buy a few cans of WD-40 or something like that and go around and spray all the body mount bolts to ge them loosened up if you think they are rusted on at all. As far as the jack, a hydraulic is probably best, but I used a 48" high lift jack and just hooked it on the wheel openings and lifted one side at a time. A friend really does help on this one. Oh, and make sure you mark your shifter rod before you cut it to weld in the extension. Use a file or something like that to mark it on one side to make sure it goes together the same way it came apart, or you could have some problems. Oh, one more thing the directions don't say. The brake booster hose is going to be too short and pull off. I didn't have any brakes to go to the store to get a new hose. Scary! Good luck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Forgot to mention that it will be on a 97 blazer. Will that make a difference? They sent me red locktite with it so that good. Oh ya in my instructions it said nothing for the stearing. Is this bad or won't it matter? It looks alot simpler on my vehical than an older model.

You can't afford it!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 10:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The steering shaft should be a two piece. Mine extended when I lifted it. Hopefully yours will do the same. If it doesn't extent, you might have to cut the firewall and relocate the shaft lower. Hopefully not.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2001, 11:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

With the 2" lift, the shaft should be fine, Now on the 3" one it put the shaft on mine at a bit of an angle, but it was never adjusted either. Yeah, definetly get some WD-40, PB BLaster, or Rust Eater spray to make it easier! Do be careful of the airbag also. I agree with knaffie on the fuel hose, that metal pipe POS sucks! The 3" hose is a bit pricey, but well worth the added cost!
Well, I hope you get her done and take pictures!
A.Smith

1989 GMC S-15 4x4 4.3L/700R-4, 3.08s, 31" Sport Kings For Sale
1985 S-10 4x4 Soon to have 3504BM/TH350/D44/14FF, 35" Boggers
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

I don't have to relocate the hose. I just have to dissconnect a support then reconnect it. I have been spraying the body bolts for about a week and a half now and it's going in on the 12th. Thanks for the help.

You can't afford it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode