2 1/2" Suspension Lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2001, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

2 1/2\" Suspension Lift

I am looking to install a 2 1/2" suspension lift on my '97 ZR2 and wondered if anyone had done this. I believe there are 3 available kits(Rockn & Roadn, BDS, and Superlift). I would like any input on this as I plan to do this in the next month or two. The information I am looking for is(dependability, other mods needed, etc.) I am currently running 33"x12.50"x15" BFG M/T's on the stock rims with a 2" PA body lift. Problem is I need a little more clearance to eliminate the rubbing I am encountering. Any and all input is appreciated.

Clayton

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2001, 07:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 2 1/2\" Suspension Lift

Im not super knowledgeable on the three kits, but man how can you choose against BDS with a warranty like theirs???? They will replace whatever you break no questions asked.

Ryan

"There's no pressure on me when I'm in a race car. Hell, that's when I'm relaxed; that's the best time in my life" 9/7/1987
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-16-2001, 11:32 PM

If you're looking for more information do a search on this board for posts by "Diver". He's posted extensively about lift kits and options for the ZR2... Hope that helps...

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

http://members.nbci.com/desertride/index.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2001, 12:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

or ask the people over at zr2.com

88 S-10 Blazer 4.3l 2" body, torsion bar/shackle lift, 30" muds, custom front/rear bumpers, 4 KC daylighters, 3.73 Gears
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2001, 11:39 AM
Addict

Diver to the rescue again fellas. Good to be back home from NY and I bought the Super10 86 S-10 ext cab 350 4 bolt main truck from the S-10 4x4 site and towed it from Michigan to KY with the ZR2 Blazer. With all the engine mods I have done on the ZR2, I rolled 75 MPH all the 750 Miles with No Problem and avreaged 16 MPH. DON"T UNDERESTIMATE A ZR2!!!!!! Thanks for the towing advice and I'll be posting pics of the trailor hitch I made to work with the Body Lift. Hell it looks like a Drawtight sitting there. And I have the measurements and templates left over for anyone who would want them. By the end of the year I should have the straight axle frame ready to transfer my body onto!!!!! Now with the ZR2 stuff. BDS has a 5" lift that I'll be posting pics of a truck that's in Long Island that I posted last month. BDS "and" Superlift have a free replacement warranty on their lifts. I visited hm when I was in NY. Get with Larry at Sport Truck USA in Michigan and you can get the kit for $1000. Don't go with the Lifetime warranty shocks he suggests, they are soft. Go with the Tmaster 5 year warranty ones. Next----Devon " the boss" at Superlift e-mailed me 2 weeks ago and the 6" kit is being produced now for release. For ZR2's and regular trucks too. All of the bugs are out. You may have to do driveshaft lengthening in the rear to use this kit. It is a 6" kit with optional 3 multiple shocks, skid plates, and comes with tubular upper A arms----BDS DOES NOT! You have to notch out the stock ones that the pics I post will show. Next the 2.5" from R&R or Superlift are available for around $500 and are nothing more than rekeyed adjusters and tube A Arms. Personally I wouldn't go that route unless you run a body lift or if you have a stock Blazer ZR2 you can run the A arms and do a spring flip and with a body lift get 5" lift. I can tell you he has 10" Centerlines and 33x14.50 Mickey Thompson's under this truck and they NEVER rub with no body lift. Hope this answers all the questions----Again.

Tom "Deep Sea Diver" Brantley
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2001, 02:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Welcome back Diver, you always seem to have done more research on this stuff than anyone else.

Ryan

"There's no pressure on me when I'm in a race car. Hell, that's when I'm relaxed; that's the best time in my life" 9/7/1987
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode