Off Roading Forums banner

have a 2inch body lift.Need to fill space

589 views 4 replies 0 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
I have a 87 Blazer with a 2 inch body lift..I now have an ugly space between the rear bumper and the tail gate.Any ideas or suggestions on how to fill it?

G
#2 ·
Very simply put - duct work, find some old duct work or sheet metal and rivit, screw, or bolt it in place, then paint it, or you could fab. some bumper relocation brackets, 1/8in steel would be fine, 1/4 if you bumper tow.

Tim

88 blazer
Like A Rock

G
#3 ·
Some Kits include bumper relocation brackets, If you cant find just the brackets, Make some, some drilling cutting and welding may be required but will look nice when done. Jason

My truck is not rusty, that's caked on mud.

G
#4 ·
I would go with the brackets to raise the rear bumper and if you need the front raised you can grind the bumper mounts loose from the frame, raise them, and reweld them. That is how we did my brothers S-10. It turned out looking real good.

G
#5 ·
Go to the local Lowe's and get some Diamaond plate alumium for it. Looks excellent!
A.Smith

1989 GMC S-15 4x4 4.3L/700R-4, 3.08s, 31" Sport Kings For Sale
1985 S-10 4x4 Soon to have 3504BM/TH350/D44/14FF, 35" Boggers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.