Temperature sensor ?'s - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 08:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Temperature sensor ?\'s

Hey every1
My digital temp gauge stopped reading the other day. I'm confused at which sending unit sends to the dash? I replaced the one in the manifold by the T-stat housing. There is also one on the passengers side head, this one no-one can seem to find ( autozone,parts america,napa) After replacing the manifold sensor still no reading. Any ideas it is for a 1992 GMC jimmy 4.3 The block is out of a 1990 I tried locating a couple of years up and down no luck. The sensor has two prongs one sits sideways of the otherone and it only has one green wire coming out of it.
Also I want to install a manul Temp gauge in the drivers side head their is a plug that looks like a normal GM head/block plug that you would remove with a 3/8 ratchet head , however it is not the 3/8 head is to big called around can't locate a metric one or smaller one ( it is bigger then a 1/4 ) has anyone had this problem? Any ideas would be great thanks, victor

If it has tits or tires it will give you trouble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 12:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Temperature sensor ?\'s

well to get the plug out, just get a pice of keystock or similar materal to fit it and put a 12point socket on it...

Don't know about the t. sensor

Tim

88 blazer
Like A Rock
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 02:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Bandit,
Thanks for The tip wonder why I never thought of that ( LOL) I got a 5/16 piese of key stock cut a couple of inch piece and got the plug out. Now my Jimmy has a Mechanical guage to. The sensor I found out is not called a temp sending unit, it is called a gauge sensor or something anyway I was able to track it down once I found that out... All is well once again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2001, 12:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Try PN 25036807 for the temp sensor

greetings

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2001, 09:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Glad that you found the guage sensor, I just replaced mine recently, both of them. My problem turned out to be a faulty guage, only went from 210-260 and kept turning the "Check Guages" light on!
A.Smith

1989 GMC S-15 4x4 4.3L/700R-4, 3.08s, 31" Sport Kings For Sale
1985 S-10 4x4 Soon to have 3504BM/TH350/D44/14FF, 35" Boggers
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2001, 07:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I did get the gauges all working again, now however with the 160 degree tstat and good ole Illinois temps it was like 31 degrees this A.M. I noticed my heat really doe not blow hot anymore I think I'm going to a 180 tstat. and be done with it, this should give me a little extra hp without lossing my heat what ya think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode