Longtime no post, A few questions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2001, 05:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Longtime no post, A few questions

Hey everyone. Well I'm finally back off active duty and able to get back at my Jimmy. It has been a long six months... Anyway I have a couple of questions. I'm needind to replace all my front suspension bushing, etc. Should I go with the pricey polyutherathine bushing ( 150.00 bucks for complete kit) or just stay with the factory replacement? I off road a little bit but mostly just mild stuff. Then I'm also ready to get the headers and body lift installed but torn between the edelbrock headers and the Jba? the later is very pricey but is a direct repalcement and fit etc. now the body lift I'm worried about will I expierence a lot more headachs with the 3in vs. the 2in? not sure what brand yet but will be a (kit complete) then one more question I've been reading over some of the many posts I've missed and find alot about TB crank up If I went with the longer shackels in the rear and the cranked the TB bars up how much trouble am I asking for from the fron drive train i.e cv boots etc? well sorry for all the questions I'm just excited about getting back to work on the Jimmy thanks in advance. Victor

If it has tits or tires it will give you trouble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 11:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Longtime no post, A few questions

I say go with the poly bushings all around.. It will stiffen up the ride and give you more 'feel' to the road and improve handling.. Next go with the body lift.. Yes you will run into less problems with the 2" Vs. the 3".. Then install the headers.. You will need the room the body lift gives to install the headers.. Coming from a person thats got the Edelbrock I say get the JBA's.. One they are nickle coated and will never rust.. Two they have a lifetime warranty.. And three they give proven HP gains where Edelbrock does not.. With the TB crank you can go about an inch mabe two.. You should not need to do any thing with the boots.. It should not be a problem.. Have fun..

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 04:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the info, I remember someone talking about different torsion bars from a private manufacturer was that you? I was wondering about that or the different ones chevy makes think they are 33mm? I guess my main concern is the front end assembly and having to replace parts all the time for the little lift I'll get from the TB crank. I did read that I can get add' a leafs for the rear like 35.00 a side so will probably do that instead of the shackels. MY Jimmy is a 1992 4dr automatic, any ideas from anyone on the best body lift? I'm looking for a complete kit bumper brackets and all... I will go with the JBA headers I know they are better just a lot of cash... Well thanks again, victor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2001, 06:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yea I got a line on the early version SAW t-bars.. if ya want it e me back channel.. I got a good two inches from them and still use all the suspension travel.. I had those HD GM barz and man where they rough.. Unless you got a big heavy bumper and a winch up front those bars are waaaaaayyyyyy to heavy.. The TB crank should not be too bad on parts but I always do warn that I have seen them break under severe use.. I say go with some shackles unless you carry a lot of weight in the back then go with the AAL.. The AAL will stiffen up the ride a lot.. Can't help ya on a blazer body lift but I got Performance Accessories 2" for mine.. Had all the parts and good instructions..

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2001, 02:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

JBA is telling me that they wont work with a body lift. Anyone verify that or not? I tried a couple of times and was told they will not work. Eddlebrock said there will.

1995 Truck,4X4,4.3/V6/TBI,31's,A.R. Rims,3" Body lift,Side Bars,Flares,K&N,TB/Shackel lift,Alarm.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2001, 06:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don't know why the JBA headers won't work on a body lift? I mean you should have more room after installing the lift right? I downloaded the installation instructions a while back for my model and you have to pretty much take all the pumps, etc off the front of the engine and then lift the driver side out of the mount to slide the header into place, they ( JBA TECHS) told me that they are direct replacements meaning they will bolt up and slide right into my factory y-pipe. I really can not think of a reason the body lift would hinder the process? but however I know JBA spends alot of time and money on research and they might know something we don't right. I 'm going to install the headers prior to the body life in my case I'm wanting to finish the engine upgrade before I start on the body,but now while I have the extra cash I'm going to purchase everything I think. then later on when I can afford new tires will install lift.
Weazle I'm having a hard time emailing you I'm interested in more info on those TB email me at [email protected] please thanks victor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode