a couple of questions from a newbie - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2001, 02:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

a couple of questions from a newbie

just started modifying my 1988 4.3l S-15 jimmy. i am going to install a 3" body lift, and do a torsion bar tweak with rear add a leafs - will i be able to install 32" tires after all of that? Also, what are the most cost effective mods for this engine to increase power and overall efficiency? I've already added a K&N filter - and have a catback exhaust on order.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2001, 03:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: a couple of questions from a newbie

i was able to do with a 3inch body and some fender trimming. The trimming was only in the front right at the bottom near the door. I did the 2 inch torsion and shackle and it did not rub at all. I run 32x10.5 on stock rims. Anything with more offset will cause it to rub in a lot of places. How ever i do not think that the body lift is the way to go. after having it installed for about a year i have noticed that some of the mounts are starting to sag down and push through the mounts. I also wheel hard...okay very hard, that could be the reason. If i had to do it again i would have gone with the 5 inch trailmaster lift or a SFA. But thats just me you can do what you want.Just remember to have fun.

MudderS10s
91 S-10 4.3L, 5 speed, 3 inch bodylift, 32" super swapper TSLs, 2 inch rear shackle lift
73 CJ-5 mods- way too many to list
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode