Powertrax and gears - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2001, 11:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Powertrax and gears

I drive a '92 2wd S-10 with 29" tires and I just recently upgraded the rear end. Since I don't think I'll ever be able to stuff anything over 30" tires under my truck that already has 5.5" of lift, I only went with 3.73 gears instead of 4.11's. These made a huge difference and my truck really flies now. It's even faster than it was when it still had the little, stock 205-75-14's on it. I also had my mechanic install a new Powertrax No-Slip while he was in the differential. Big improvement here too. It does wonders for my 2-by and I can't imagine what one would do for a 4-by. It's a little squirrely if the wheels start slipping, but you can't beat the extra traction. Also, I can't really even tell it's there on the street. It's super quiet and you really have to get on it to chirp the tires. One thing I was impressed with, is how fast my truck takes off now from low speeds. Before, the engine would wrap up real high when I gassed it and then take off with a little delay. Now, the response is almost instantaneous and it just keeps on accelerating! I'd just like to thank everyone who recommended these products to me. Plus, I'd like to reccomend the powertrax to anyone looking for added traction. I paid $389 for the No-Slip and $250 for the Precision Gears and Install kit from Reider Racing. I'm very impressed with the results and believe that these products were well worth my hunk of cash! I don't really have any questions, I just wanted to share. I have Springs from Deaver on the way too, so hopefully I'll have some pics of my rig after that.

Heath Bringham
'92 Chevy S10 2WD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2001, 08:09 AM

Re: Powertrax and gears

Hey, definitely get some photos and the like for all of that, if you can. We can use the articles!

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

http://members.nbci.com/desertride/index.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode