35's on an S-10 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2001, 10:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

35\'s on an S-10

i want to put 35x12.5 on my truck after I get my 5in lift kit on what.. Will they fit and what size rims do I need with how much offset..
thanks
David

85 chevy s10 4x4
2.8l v6 4bl
538,862 miles and counting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2001, 01:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 35\'s on an S-10

check this chart out

http://S10-4X4.COM/HitFit/

this is where im getting my info from for my beast

Richard

85 S-10 3.4L cat-back exhaust,
3/10/01 - added Pioneer CD player, RF X400.4 amp, 2 RF 12 inch subs, 2 RF 6x9s
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2001, 10:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ha!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] You want to TRY and run 35's on a 2.8 thats got a half million miles!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] OK first you might consider the 3.4 upgrade.. Then you WILL need to regear those puny axles to a 4.56 or lower gear.. Read a thred further back about one company finaly starting to make 4.56 for the front IFS.. If you plan of froading it then the axles themselves and a SFA should be at the top of the list and scrap the TM 5" kit.. As for rims I say go with a skinny rim like 8-9 inches wide VS the 10 or 12" rims.. This way the tire protects the rim a bit better from rocks dinging and denting the bead.. It does give that bulging tire look but I like it better than the fat rim,tire get jiggy with my gold spoked Daytons look.. Off-set is ?? depending on what the total lift is..

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2001, 10:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks for the response I built the 2.8 in my truck last year from scratch new block and heads, had the heads ported and polished put a pro former cam in and a torker II 4 barrel intake with an holly 600 on top with an MSD ignition.. it on only has 4,000 miles on it the truck has 540,000+ on it. But I will change the gears but the engine is goinge in the wifes blazer and I am building a 4.3 to te hilt.. I am just stuck in limbo not sure if I want the SFA or the IFS lift.. would like to know witch would still leave me open for more upgrade An how much does the SFA actually lift the truck by itself..
Thanks again for the respose the info
PuddleSkipper
David

85 chevy s10 4x4 2.8l v6 4bl
538,862 miles and counting http://www.geocities.com/greer5199/puddleskipper.html
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2001, 11:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

OK.. That helps some.. WHRRRRRRRR.. (Opening of can-o-worms)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] (All this is depending on the type of froading you do.. High speed desert IFS rules but in slow crawling and high angle moves SFA cant be beat..)
With the IFS you are limited with the front travel and all the drawbacks of froading an IFS.. The CV's are weak, small ring and pinion specially if you go with the 4.56 gears.. Very slim lockers available.. I think one.. Prices for the TM kit are around $1400 but if you really look around im sure you can find it cheaper.. Install is a pain to DIY or cost about $450 or so.. I am still running my IFS with 33's with no probs but think often to an IFS lifestyle..
SFA has its advantage in simplicity.. Leaf or spring setups are simple yet effective in design.. When off camber the axle wants to stay on the ground and will flex much further than an IFS.. Tires on the groung is the only way your going to keep going.. Thing with the SFA is its mostly do it yourself.. If you got the time, money, and drive you can play with spring rates for the rest of you life.. That will keep you open for upgrades.. I figure with lowballing (really shopping around for best price)all my parts and doing most of the work myself it will cost around $2500 and ME doing all the work..
I have been researching the IFS leaf upgrade for some time.. The axle itself will give 2" over stock.. Not sure what leaves they are using but my guess is some regular 52".. I talked with one guy who uses Skyjacker softride leaf packs from a full size.. The 2" packs give 4" lift perfect for 33's and the 4" pack gives 6" lift for the 35's..

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2001, 04:41 PM
TEX

<font color=purple>Here, maybe this'll entice ya. Full-width solid axles, 38.5X11 Boggers, 488" roller motor [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]</font color=purple>

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2001, 01:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

damn!!!! - other than that im speechless

Richard

85 S-10 3.4L cat-back exhaust,
3/10/01 - added Pioneer CD player, RF X400.4 amp, 2 RF 12 inch subs, 2 RF 6x9s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode