Stage west SFA - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 02:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Stage west SFA

I have read the articles and am ready to do this. I am sick of replaceing ball joints, wheel bearings, tires, and all the other crap in our IFS system. Has anyone had any experience with the Stage West System or have any other ideas other than what's on s104x4.com. This project may take a few months since I can not find a shop that will do a SFA conversion in San Diego. I will basically be doing this myself.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 10:49 PM
Addict

Re: Stage west SFA

I will have a DANA 30 for sale from a 70's Bronco for your swap when you get ready to do it. I am getting a load of Brnco stuff for my Bad-Bowtie type swap on my S-15 this year. E-mail me for the details at [email protected].

Tom "Deep Sea Diver" Brantley
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 06:35 PM
H_BONE

Hey fellas I just installed the Stage West kit on my 88GMC. Looks real good. Let me know if you have any questions.

88 GMC Ext. cab 5 inStage West 2 in body 4:10 gears turn 33/14 boggers
95 S-10 Ext cab 5 in Trailmaster lift 2 in body 3:73 gears 33/10.5X15 BFG Multi-mount winch

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 08:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Are 33's the largest tires you could get on there I am still not sure if i will go with the stage west kit or just the 5in IFS lift.. I want to run at least 35's Also H_Bone or anyone have a before and after picture of the Stage West kit....

85 chevy s10 4x4
2.8l v6 4bl
538,862 miles and counting
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2001, 07:01 AM
H_BONE

Hey green5199 I dont have a scanner, or anyway to post pics of my trucks. As for fitting 35's, I dont think they will fit on the stage west kit without the springover set-up. My 33 boggers rub the outer fender wells. Im going to fix that with cut-outs. The trialmaster lift and the stage west lift the trucks up about the same hight. I dont think 35's will fit on the trailmaster lift without some serious fender mods also. But if you have the stage west with the spring over set-up, you should be fine running 35's. I will make the switch (spring over) some time down the road. Let me know if you have further questions

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2001, 12:23 PM

H_BONE, how is your truck running 33s with 3.73s? I want to put 33s on my truck, but don't want to regear if i can help it. Just wondering how your truck performs.
thanks

Craig

'89 S-10 P/U 4.3L 31" Yoko M/Ts (For Sale!)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
'99 S-10 2.2L 2WD 5 Speed Totally Stock [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

'88 Kawasaki Mojave (FOR SALE)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2001, 01:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have 3.73 and 33's right now.. ERrrrrrrggggggg!!!!! I want 4.56!!! BAD!!!! Any one want to donate to the Troy's poor fund.. Goes to a great cause..[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] It does work with an auto but OD is useless.. It is liveable but I noticed everything is heating up more when loaded down and climing hills.. Damn Vanogans and Mercedes Diesel's are beating me off the line at lights..

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-17-2001, 12:45 PM
H_BONE

Hey fellas on the 33's and 3:73 gears I would have to agree with weezle. Overdrive is kind of useless unless on the highway (flat). But I seem to get around alright, it would be real nice to have some 4:10's tho. Next time I buy tires I'll probally step down to 32's. 33's rub a bit when off road. My torsion bars seem real mushey also.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode