SWAY-A Way torsion bars! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 05:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

SWAY-A Way torsion bars!

These are a special torsion bar, made by Sway Away that lift your 4X4 S-truck as much as 1.5 inches (i think). (higher than cranked stock bars!)

www.swayaway.com
They were discontinued from lack of interest. I emailed them yesterday telling them that there is alot of demend for a cheap suspension lift in the S-truck.

this is what i got....

Dear Warren,

We are considering starting production againon this product. Please keep in touch. We will make a decision this month.

Brian Skipper

COOL!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 07:35 PM

Re: SWAY-A Way torsion bars!

That would be great about the new torsion bars going back in production, but just to warn you we have had others ask and they keep saying they will make them due to new interest.

My inquiry was six months ago! And they said the same thing! Just not the one month part of it.

If they get them back into production I would be very, very, VERY happy.

If not, go to the GM dealer and pick up the heaviest-duty set of T-bars they have.

Thanks for the info!

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

http://members.nbci.com/desertride/index.htm
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 07:48 PM
BlazAir

Glad to hear it. I know Ive bugged the sway-a-way people at contingency many times but was always told there was not enough interest. Well now hopefully there is enough interest. I will buy some (unless I go to coil-overs!!!!!!)

93 S-10 4DR Blazer 4X4, 5" suspension lift, 33X10.50 BFG AT's, 'glass front fenders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 11:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Do you guys know if While mounted on your truck, these bars have a higher angle with the control arms? thus making it sit higher? OR are these bars just stiffer?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 02:01 AM

The bars are made of a better material and generally a better spring rate. They are also thicker.

They will be twisted up tighter, giving you "lift", but it is the same as putting your stock torsions up. The difference is in the spring rate. The thicker, better, torsion bars will help you by not bottoming out.

If you want a real "lift" then you must go with a kit from Trailmaster, etc. These kits give you a new a-arm and a front differential drop bracket. The rest is in torsion bar cranking.

To get a true "lift" you'll need to fab out some longer a-arms, better torsion, and really good shocks or a coil-over idea. But you're talking about some major cu$tom work there with an emphasis on $!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 10:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am running the first gen. of these bars and they work just fine.. They do give a good amount of lift and are totally adjustable because of the splined end the adjuster arm goes on.. They are a little thicker than the stock bars but not as much as the HD GM bars.. The second gen. that SAW is thinking of making (talked to them 6 months ago too) will have a smaller splined and with a sleeve on the inside and hex on the outside to use your stock adjuster arm to reduce their cost.. Be the same price for you tho.. Still have not hear of them starting this tho.. I do know of a contact that has the first gen. in stock right now.. E me back channel and I can give the info..

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 11:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

My truck has the heaviest torsion bars GM makes and i got about 2 inches of lift i don't know if thats more than usual but i was suprized on how much i got.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 11:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

How do you like the rough ride?? I had them for a while and my kidneys could not take it anymore offroading.. Got the SAW's and love them plus I get to use ALL the suspension.. I have them FOR SALE!!!!!! Make an offer.. Great for a heavy bumper or plow..

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2001, 02:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I did my part. I emailed them to say we would like the production of these parts.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2001, 11:44 AM

Good idea!
Perhaps those who haven't yet should do the same!

http://www.swayaway.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode