suspension - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 12:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

suspension

What is the proper height adjustment on a 92 blazer's torsion bars? The rear-end of the 4x4 sags and I don't know if its the springs or the if the front is too high. Also what is an economic way to get 31 10.50's on this suv?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 12:16 PM

Re: suspension

<font face="Comic Sans MS">First off [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img], perhaps it just doesn't like being called an SUV [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]... Sorry couldn't resist that... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] SUV sounds too uh... yuppie... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

You could put an add a leaf on the back to level it back out. Unless you played with the torsion bars, the problem is the rear sagging. It seems to be a common problem on these vehicles, they use very soft (and very flexible) rear springs.

Most economical way is a few inch body lift (not to exceed 3"), or cheaper still a sawzall or plasma cutter on the fenders [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]...</font>

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My February article on ORC
(I'm finally back)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 04:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

if you cut the fenders do you lose the wheel well (the piece that protects the engine - i cant remember what its called)?

Richard

85 S-10 3.4L cat-back exhaust otherwise stock for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 04:36 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Possibly. The typical items that get trimmed are the outer fenders and the area of the cab that would be visible if you trim the back part of the front fender. The piece in the wheelhouse is the inner fender, and if you're decent at metal working, you should be able to modify it so that it still protects the engine... Or if all else fails you could modify the inner fenders from a fullsize (I think) to fit.</font>

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My February article on ORC
(I'm finally back)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 12:28 PM

He said the front end is higher, so if he hasn't tinkered with the torsion's, then I think he is asking how can he tell if someone else has???
If nobody has tinkered with them, then his rear springs are sagging, and a sawzall won't fix them [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
(He didn't say the tires were rubbing, he just said the rear was sitting lower than the front)

So if the rear is saging, you could do an "Add-a-leave" to raise the rear. Or you could put some rear shackles on it. Or you could buy new rear springs.

Scooby Dooby Doo !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode