im curious - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2001, 12:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

im curious

If the hose to the actuator for 4wd on a 85 Blazer is disconnected is there anyway that 4wd can still be engaged? I have the 3.4L thats supposed to be giving me 160 horses but seems like im dragging a bit
Also where can I get the little piece that connects the hose to the actuator? or should I replace the whole thing?

Richard

85 S-10 3.4L cat-back exhaust otherwise stock for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2001, 12:36 AM

Re: im curious

<font face="Comic Sans MS">You can operate 4wd by either running a vacuum line from the actuator directly to a source of engine vacuum. Or you could run the line into the truck and hook a vacuum pump to it. Or you could wait until spring when the Sandman upgrade is completed which gives you a mechanical linkage instead of the vacuum junk...

Which piece that connects the hose to the actuator? </font>

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My February article on ORC
(I'm finally back)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2001, 12:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well at the upper front right side of my hood there is a funky bellow looking thig - apparently this is the actuator for 4wd - under that is a hose hanging to oblivion - i guess theres a little plastic piece that connects them together?

Richard

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2001, 05:44 PM

<font face="Comic Sans MS">I'll try to get you some pictures of what mine looks like for an example, since I'm still not completely sure what exactly you're indicating... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] </font>

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My February article on ORC
(I'm finally back)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2001, 09:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You don't mean the actual actautor cable is hanging down do you? There should be a vacuum hose that connects to the rubber diaphragm side of the actautor, then the cable hooks to the other end, then when vacuum sucks the diaphragm, the cable pulls the slider in the front diff. to engage the front axle. At least thats how its Supposed to work. My cable was really messed up on mine, so I put one on from the boneyard,or go to a $dealer$ if you want new. Good luck.
A.Smith

1989 S-10 4x4 4.3L/700R-4, 3.08s, 31" Sport Kings
1989 Blazer 4x4 4.3L/700R-4 3.42s,235 Sport Tracks
1985 S-10 4x4 Soon to have 3504BM/TH350/D44/14FF, 35" Boggers
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2001, 12:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

ill see if i can get a pic of it myself - im sure theres one around somewhere

Richard

post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 08:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If its the vacumm line your talking about then yes there usually a plastic check valve around where the line comes from below the truck into the engine compartment. If you follow the lines from the transfer case(there are three) you will probably find the other end of it. You can go to your local parts store and tell them you need a "barb" type connector to join the vaccum lines back together or just replace the whole line with a new one. Good Luck

Nick
[email protected]
83' s10 extended cab 4x4 supercharged 2.8l v6
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 02:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i think i got it fixed - i went out last night and threw it through the gears a bit - 4 Low i could tell it was i for sure and Neutral and im pretty sure about 4 Hi - when i take it to Midas to get my front end worked on and its in the air ill make sure its all working well

i wonder tho - does Tera-Low make low-end gears for my transfer case? or someone else?

Richard

post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2001, 05:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Terraflex makes the 4:1 Low range kit for the NP231, but from what I've seen it ONLY fits the NP231J(Jeep) and not the NP231C(Chevy). Apparenty they are different internally. Sorry, 4:1 would kick ass though-better than 2.72:1
A.Smith

1989 GMC S-15 4x4 4.3L/700R-4, 3.08s, 31" Sport Kings For Sale
1985 S-10 4x4 Soon to have 3504BM/TH350/D44/14FF, 35" Boggers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode