96 S-10 Shock Recs. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 01:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

96 S-10 Shock Recs.

I'm looking to upgrade the shocks for my 96- S-10 Blazer. Stock is just to bouncy on the highway. I've heard most people going with either Edlebrock, Trailmaster, Rancho, or Bilstein and wanted to get peoples' opinions on any of those brands.

Thanks-

Tom

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 06:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 96 S-10 Shock Recs.

I say go with KING bypass.. But if you can't afford the $700 a shock then there are a few alternatives.. If they are bouncy then they are blown or the rebound is set too lite..
I have used Rancho and think the 5000's suck for on road use.. Not bad off road but STIFF.. The 9000's are adjustable but a bit on the expencive side.. ProComp should not make shocks.. They all stink.. Edelbrock has the new SVX or is that Ranchos new sensitive shock. Whatever, never ran them because of the price and not a hole lot of hupla made from people who use them.. Bilstein make a very nice shock in the HD series.. My next shock on the womans XJ when I lift it.. I have heard a lot of good talk about the Skyjacker softride series but I have never tried them..
I run Fox 2.0 race shocks with rez.. These are totaly adjustable compression and rebound internaly. Rebuildable also but at $180 a shock are not for the timid.. But then again I run WOT in the dez and could not live without them..

-Troy '<font color=red>WeaZle</font color=red>' McCarty

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2001, 07:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 96 S-10 Shock Recs.

hi, my advise is to go with trailmaster ssv. the came in the 5" lift kit i got with my 96 blazer. i thought i could do better by getting edelbrocks, but they are real stiff. if you want ranchos dont get the 5000s they are one of the worst off road shocks out there for lighter vehicles. 9000s are the best, because you can adjust them to how you like it to ride

Ian

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode