2-3 inch lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 12:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

2-3 inch lift

Hi guys...
I have a '93 Sonoma and would like to put a 2" or 3" body lift on it. Now I'm running 31" tires and have no lift. I turned my torsion bars down in the front and put longer shackle's for the springs in the back just for a quick little lift, but it's not good enough. My tires still rub a little in the front and I can't keep my cv boots on cuz the angle is too great. I figure if I put a proper lift in the truck, then the cv's would have the normal angle on and I'd be able to keep them in the truck. My question is.....what is involved with this lift? I would like to keep it quick and simple, so I figure 3" would be the max I could go and still keep things simple. If anyone has some advice they could suggest to me that would help me out, please let me know.

thanks [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 04:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 2-3 inch lift

It's actually fairly straitforward, the only concern would be the linkages for your trani, most kits include the extensions/adapters but they require welding. Other than that it should only take a couple of hours to install the body lift.

88 S-10 Blazer 4.3l 2" body, torsion bar/shackle lift, 30" muds, custom front/rear bumpers, 4 KC daylighters, 3.73 Gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode