Installing a Steering Stabilizer - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 05:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Installing a Steering Stabilizer

I ordered a trailmaster steering stabilizer kit for my 33" tires. I opened it up to find a set of crapy instructions inside, something that trailmaster is so famous for. Anyways it says to atatch the cylinder (spelling?) side of the shock into the factory mount. From what I can tell it is supposed to be on the A arm mount that is closest to the front bumper. There isn't a mount there. Is this the right place to look or is it somewhere else. And if this is the right place to look, is there a mount I can buy that bolts or welds on? Thanks.

Lack of engine proformance equals a limp shaft.
http://members.home.net/jm8881/blazer.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 06:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Installing a Steering Stabilizer

From my understanding the stock stabilizer mounts on the front crossmember, I've seen the holes for it on mine it looks like a horizontal shock mount.

88 S-10 Blazer 4.3l K/N air filter, 2" body, torsion bar/shackle lift, 30" muds, custom front/rear bumpers, 4 KC daylighters
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 11:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

lake is right... theres one between your front diff and just behind(but connected to) your front crossmember, i was wonderinf if any came with one and where the other side mounted to.

Tim

88 blazer
Like A Rock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2001, 05:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I went back to the off road place I bought it from and Mike looked under my truck and told me that the mount wasn't there, I asked why it wouldn't be there and he said either it's the year of the truck or a suspension option. That is why rancho makes a kit with an aftermarket mount. So I returned the trailmaster stabilizer kit and we ordered the mounting hardware from rancho and a trailmaster stabilizer shock, Mike said rancho stabilizers aren't as good a product as the trailmasters. They will be in tomorrow and hopefully I can tell you all about how it went on and that I can put my 33" tires on.

Lack of engine proformance equals a limp shaft.
http://members.home.net/jm8881/blazer.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode