another tire question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2001, 10:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

another tire question

I am going to get new tires sometime this spring. I have a 93 4x4 Ext Cab with 2in PA body, raised torsion bars w/2in AAL in the rear. Right now I am running 31x10.5 BFG KO's on stock rims and they only rub on the frame at full lock. I am going to get muds this time around because the AT's just don't cut it in the mud (obviously). I don't really get in the mud very often (Deer and Turkey season and the occasional weekend trail ride) but the few times I do, I really wish I had them. When I first got my lift, I put a set of 31x11.5 Courser OTD's, and I loved them. I also got more miles out of them then I am with my AT's. I like the fact that you can get them in an 11.50 because I still have stock rims and they are noticeably wider. I have been looking at the Cooper STT 31x11.50's. They are made by the some company as Courser and come in the same sizes. I see that some of you have these tires and say good things about them. That's most likely what I'll go with but I'd really like to get the 32's. On the size chart, the 31's are 30.6in in diameter, the 32's are 31.4. Do you thing I could get away with the 8/10 in difference? I have a good bit of room on the wheel wells but would have to bang them back a little. What's the easiest way to do that? Should I get the 32's or just stick with the 31's? What do you think about the Cooper STT's?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2001, 12:49 PM

Re: another tire question

<font face="Comic Sans MS">If you have a good tire shop around where you live, you can ask them if they'd let you try both sizes of tires on the truck and see if they rub since you're not sure. A good shop should help you out... Just a thought...

STT's are a good tire choice... Make a bit of noise on the road, but then again most aggressive tires do...</font>

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My November article on ORC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode