Rear shackle lift alternatives? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2001, 08:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Rear shackle lift alternatives?

Is there anyother way to lift the back of the truck besides the obvious shackles or add-a-leafs? I have the shackles but I don't like the idea of snagging them on the ground whill starting a climb on a hill. I'm thinking about rear add-a-leafs but would like to know if there are any other alternatives. Thanks. Also if I get the add-a-leafs should I get the 2" or 3", I'm putting 33" tires in there and have a 4 door so to minimize cutting and fabricating should I go with the 3" or will the 2" + 3" body lift allow me to stuff those meats in there? I'm guessing the 3" but I don't want to be too tipsy.

Lack of engine proformance equals a limp shaft.
http://members.home.net/jm8881/blazer.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2001, 12:18 PM

Re: Rear shackle lift alternatives?

Add-A-Leaf and Shackles are "additions" to an existing spring to make them do more. Why not get new springs?

You can get a set of Deaver Springs for about $500, and they will be set up for the weight you carry and the type of terrain you handle.

For instance, I would get the rear springs (assuming I had cash, of course) [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] to be soft in the rear. It will lessen the amount I can carry in the rear, but will help me hold terrain better in the rear at higher speeds in the desert.

There are plenty of options for springs - Soft, hard, longer, shorter. Depends on what you want! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

J.R. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

http://members.nbci.com/desertride/index.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode