locker for an s10 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
GM Small Trucks & SUV's All discussion of S-Class Trucks and SUV's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 02:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

locker for an s10

If i were to get a locker for an s10 4x4 blazer, what should i go for?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 02:21 PM

Re: locker for an s10

<font face="Comic Sans MS">I'd have to say Detroit. Full carrier replace, unfortuneately needs the R&P setup again, but the brute strength of this thing is worth it, in my opinion. More expensive than the other alternatives like the lockright or others. If I had the cash this is what I would have gotten, but I couldn't afford that option, so i just replaced the rear in mine (my carrier sort of grenaded possibly as a result of the pinion nut getting loose (good idea to check this occasionally by the way)) with one from a parts yard. It has the Gov-lock in it, which isn't horrible but if you lift a tire I believe it'll act more like a limited slip than a locker. Just my thoughts on the subject... </font>

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My November article on ORC
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2001, 11:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: locker for an s10

Unless you're running a V-8 with larger than 33's, the Lock-Right does fine. If you do plan on a V-8 and 33s or larger, you'd better get a larger axle and ditch the IFS! Detroits are great, but kind of overkill for a 7.5" 10 bolt! Don't get me wrong the rear ends in S-10s will take quite a bit of abuse, but usually the axles will break first, then fall out along with your wheel&tire thanks to c-clips. I have a Detroit in my 85 S-10 4x4 with the 14 bolt Full floater rear end. Its a great addition to a HD axle that will see all Off-Road use. Detroit also makes a version of the Lock-right(I think they call it a c-locker) thats sometimes cheaper than the Powertrax unit. Check it out.
A.Smith

1989 S-10 4x4 4.3L/700R-4, 3.08s, 31" Sport Kings
1989 Blazer 4x4 4.3L/700R-4 3.42s,235 Sport Tracks
1985 S-10 4x4 Soon to have 3504BM/TH350/D44/14FF, 35" Boggers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode